Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Moving Services | University of West Florida
Skip to main content

Moving Services

UWF Facilities Planning, Maintenance and Construction provides the labor necessary to move furniture and any other items requiring a truck and moving equipment.

Moving Dolly and Boxes

Moving Soon?

The department planning the move should send a Work Request to the Facilities Work Control Center on the Facilities computerized maintenance management software (TMA). Indicate the building and room number of the present location and the location to which the items are to be moved. The Work Request must be approved by the Department Chairperson or appropriate designee. Work Control Center will notify the Space Manager of all moves and will notify Facilities Planning & Construction of any moves pertinent to remodeling/renovations.

  1. Work Control Center, Ext. 6000, of the Facilities Planning, Maintenance & Construction Department will accept the work request for the campus department move following the guidelines herein.
    1. Work Request forms and layout information must be received seven (7) days in advance for small moves and fifteen (15) days in advance for large moves.
    2. Telecommunications Service Center, in Information Technology, Ext. 6003: Please indicate telephone moves by providing the line number, present location, new location, and the user name. Please allow sufficient time for this work to be coordinated with your move.
    3. Note: Your departmental Local Support Provider (LSP) should prepare PC’s/Hardware, etc. for relocation and verify that there are adequate data ports in your new location. If you are not aware of who your LSP is, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 2075. CPU’s, printers, copiers, scanners, etc., can be moved by Building Services if they are packed and cushioned in their “original boxes.” Make a small sketch of the new location, indicating the exact location of all items to be moved, and copy the Work Request and send through campus mail.
  2. Make a small sketch of the new location, indicating the exact location of all items to be moved, and copy the Work Request and send through campus mail.
  3. Prior to the move, tag all items indicating the building and room number of the new location. Boxes of printed material, paper goods, etc., must always be packed securely by the user. In all cases, this material must be large enough to justify the use of a truck and the Moving Services/Special Events moving crew. Do not include shelving, wall brackets, chalk boards, marker boards, etc., to be moved. These items will stay in their existing location.
  4. Any move involving items with University of West Florida property control numbers must first be approved by the Controller’s Office.
  5. Before the day of the move, all loose materials must be packed and boxed, desks cleaned out, shelves cleaned off, and files emptied (unless drawers are removable). It is recommended that smaller personal items be moved by the department requesting the service and that the department submit a request for boxes and attach a list of all items to be moved. Please indicate the number of boxes needed on your work order.
  6. A representative of the department should be identified as the contact person and be on hand during the move.
  7. Identify what existing furniture will be required to be disassembled and reassembled. Note: New furniture will be assembled by the vendor and be part of the requisition process through the Department of Procurement and Contracts.
  8. The Moving Services/Special Events Unit of the Buildings & Grounds Management. is not permitted or qualified to move delicate or sensitive equipment or extremely heavy items. Manufacturers, and in some cases service contractors, may need to be consulted before these items can be moved.
  9. Please request new keys via Route IT on MyUWF. The campus key policy can also be found on the same Route IT page.