HMCSE Emerging Leaders
The HMCSE Emerging Leaders program supports HMCSE undergraduate students to secure professional development training and professional certifications that will enhance the students’ entry into the workforce upon completion of their baccalaureate degree.
The HMCSE Emerging Leaders program will contain workshops, seminars, and an intensive discipline-specific Bootcamp to prepare students to sit for a culminating professional exam, as detailed below.
The program targets high-performing students in specific UWF majors who are within three terms of graduation and eligible for the 2018 Emerging Leaders program that will begin in January 2018 and continue into the summer term, when students from participating UWF programs will sit for the following professional certification exams:
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam: Engineering (Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical)
- OSHA certification: Earth & Environmental Sciences
- CompTIA Security+: Computer Science and Information Technology
We are recruiting current UWF Juniors who:
- have a GPA of 2.75 or above, and
- are pursuing a UWF BS degree in one of the following disciplines
- Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
Request Information: HMCSE Associate Dean, Matthew Schwartz.
The application login credentials are your MyUWF username and password. If you experience any issues with the application or logging in, please contact Kathy Parker by phone at (850) 474-3159 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.