UWF is focused on creating a healthier and safer environment for all members of the campus community, including students, employees and visitors. The University established compliance guidelines that address social distancing and wearing face coverings among other safety measures. The health and safety on its campus is a shared responsibility for all involved.
UWF will utilize a shared responsibility and accountability model that establishes and implements procedures to check that students comply with safety measures, prescreening and training.
Pre-Screening: All students visiting campus are required to take the Daily COVID-19 Return to Campus Pre-screening every day before coming to a University location or leaving their residence hall room.
Training: All students returning to campus are required to participate in the mandatory COVID-19 Student Training before the first day of the semester.
Social Distancing: Students are to maintain social distancing at all times while on campus. Specifically, they should:
- Stay six feet (about two arms’ length) from other people.
- Avoid gathering in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places.
- Avoid mass gatherings.
Face Covering Requirements: A disposable or cloth face covering is required inside all shared indoor spaces and in outdoor areas where social distancing is not possible.
Examples of shared indoor spaces include classrooms, laboratories, hallways, shared offices, open offices, restrooms, conference rooms, lobbies and lounge areas, retail spaces, museums, libraries and dining facilities. Anyone using a dining facility should cover their face until they sit down to eat and then put the face-covering back on immediately after.
Face coverings may be removed when inside of private building space, such as a single-use office or residence hall room.
Stay Home When You're Sick: If a student is feeling sick, they should stay home. The student should consult their health care provider, if necessary. Students can also contact Case Management Compliance
Services in the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com if they need assistance in navigating class absences and or other challenges due to being sick.
Failure to Comply: Failure to comply with the safety measures may result in accountability measures and student conduct and/or disciplinary repercussions for students.
- Students who do not comply will be asked to leave campus immediately and referred to the Dean of Students Office for consultation and follow up. This may result in potential charges under the provisions outlined in the UWF Student Code of Conduct.
- Students are responsible for knowing and observing University regulations and policies as dictated in official University publications including, but not limited to, the UWF Housing Handbook (which is incorporated herein by reference) and the UWF Student Code of Conduct.
- The University reserves the right to add other regulations and policies as necessary. The Student agrees to abide by all additional regulations and policies that are adopted. Violations may result in sanctions up to and including removal from University Housing and expulsion from the University. A Student removed from University Housing for violations of University regulations and policies will be held to the full financial terms of this Contract.
- Any disorderly or disruptive non-compliance will be reported to the appropriate authorities, if necessary. If a student comes to campus knowingly infected with COVID-19 or if a resident student refuses to maintain isolation, they will be referred to the Dean of Students for disciplinary action under the provisions outlined in the UWF Student Code of Conduct. Faculty will not be responsible for ensuring that all students practice social distancing while in class. It is each individual student’s responsibility.
Please visit the Employee Compliance webpage for information on employee compliance.
Vendor, Visitor and Volunteer Compliance
Visitors, vendors and volunteers are required to comply with the below guidelines and protocols that promote a safer and healthier campus:
- Do not visit a UWF location if you are sick.
- A disposable or cloth face covering is required inside all shared indoor spaces and in outdoor areas where social distancing is not possible.
- Practice social distancing:
- Stay at least six feet, or about two arms’ length, from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Follow Centers for Disease Control prevention guidelines.
Any individual on campus who refuses to adhere to University health and safety policies will be asked to leave the premises immediately.