Healthy Campus Environment
The University will deploy strategies for a healthier campus environment, including providing face coverings, hand sanitizer, mandatory training modules and educational materials, among other resources, to students, employees and visitors. A significant number of events and services will be offered remotely. All facilities will adhere to CDC guidelines and safety protocols for on-campus residents will be enhanced.
- UWF will provide one reusable cloth face covering and a bottle of hand sanitizer for every student and employee. Visitors will be provided a disposable face covering.
- A disposable or cloth face covering is required inside all shared indoor spaces and in outdoor areas where social distancing is not possible.
- Examples of shared indoor spaces include classrooms, laboratories, hallways, shared offices, open offices, restrooms, conference rooms, lobbies and lounge areas, retail spaces, museums, libraries and dining facilities. Anyone using a dining facility should cover their face until they sit down to eat and then put the face-covering back on immediately after.
- Face coverings may be removed when inside of private building space, such as a single-use office or residence hall room.
- Anyone with a disability that prevents them from wearing face coverings will be directed to Student Accessibility Resources (students), Human Resources (employees) or Visitors Center (visitors) and accommodations will be made.
- Students and employees are required to take a COVID-19 Training as well as a Daily COVID-19 Return to Campus Pre-screening every day before coming to a University location.
- All facilities will adhere to CDC guidelines, as well as University established guidelines. UWF has increased the cleaning of facilities and disinfecting frequently touched areas.
Housing and Residence Life
- UWF will continue honoring housing contracts for the fall semester.
- UWF will reserve spaces for COVID-19 isolation. A student who tests positive will be moved immediately to an isolation/quarantine space. If someone comes in one-on-one contact with that student in their living space, that unit will be quarantined until test results are available.
Student Activities and Services
- Student organization procedures and support programs will be delivered virtually through September and will be modified as needed throughout the semester.
- Various student services will provide remote services reopen and operate with modified hours. Social distancing will be practiced in all areas and capacity limitations will be enforced.
- University Athletics will comply with the UWF, NCAA and Gulf South Conference standards to return student-athletes to campus. Athletics will promote and support appropriate adherence by student-athletes to applicable health and hygiene recommendations.
- The University will require guests to comply with the same requirements as students and employees, including wearing personal face coverings.
- If protocols are not followed, guests will be asked to leave the premises immediately.