COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Beginning April 5, all Florida residents age 18 or older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Floridians are encouraged to pre-register at www.myvaccine.fl.gov. Once pre-registered, they’ll be contacted when the vaccine is available in their area. Floridians can also call the vaccine preregistration phone number for their county.
The two vaccinations available are:
*The Johnson & Johnson vaccine has recently been paused due to health concerns.
Additional Vaccine Locations
- CVS Pharmacy
- Walgreens Pharmacy
- West Florida Hospital will be hosting a first dose vaccine clinic on Friday, April 23. Appointments must be scheduled through the link below as walk-ins will not be possible. This vaccine clinic is open to all Florida residents age 18+. Appointments can be scheduled online: April 23rd - 1st Dose Vaccine Clinic, Moderna Vaccine. This clinic is for 1st dose only. Please note, vaccine recipients will be expected to return for their second dose on 5/21/2021.
- Baptist Health Care is offering vaccines starting April 6 at Baptist Medical Park – Nine Mile Road. UWF students, even those who hold residency in other states, but are in Pensacola to attend UWF, may make appointments for the vaccine.
Vaccinations will be given by appointment only. No walk-ins will be available.
How to Make a Vaccination Appointment at Baptist Health Care
Appointments can be made one of three ways:
1. Visit EasySchedule.com. Click “procedure appointment” and complete the registration.
2. Email name and contact information to BHCVaccine@bhcpns.org.
3. Call 850.908.SHOT (7468), Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Guidance for non-Florida Resident Students
- Students seeking to schedule via email or phone call should indicate that they are UWF students.
- Students should be aware that one of the screening questions on the online scheduler asks, “Are you a Florida resident?” Students are asked to select "yes" to this question since the student is living in Florida for school.
- Students who are not residents of Florida but attending UWF should bring their student ID with them to the vaccination appointment.