Movement Academy is a physical education program for children and adolescents in the surrounding area. Our mission is to offer a unique variety of physical experiences and opportunities while providing an invaluable teaching experience for UWF physical education students.
Movement Academy provides opportunities to cultivate interpersonal skills, increase physical activity and develop positive health habits. Created as a community service for homeschool students, Movement Academy also provides UWF students with first-hand experience teaching Physical Education.
The UWF Movement Academy is based in the HLES Facility, building 72, on the University of West Florida Pensacola campus. The Academy is staffed by UWF students who are seeking undergraduate and graduate degrees in physical education as well as UWF faculty and staff.
The program is scheduled by semester.
February 16 - April 22, 2021
Parents are required to sign the UWF General Counsel's Office Liability Waiver. We ask that students arrive a few minutes before class is scheduled to allow for check-in procedures. Click on the link below to download and print the form. Forms must be completed each year.
Waiver: Individual Participant Release
- Participants and families will need to wait outside until 12:55 p.m. Between 12:55 p.m. and 1:05 p.m., Movement Academy staff will check-in participants upstairs in the lobby.
- Upon arrival to the building, a table will be set up just inside the door with a sign in sheet. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Each participant and family member will be required to wear a face covering and follow social distancing guidelines while on campus.
- Students will be expected to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before the start of class.
- When working and playing, children and instructors will social distance as much as possible and will use poly-spots to support the visual distance on the bleachers.
- Parents will need to come to the upstairs lobby of building 72 to check out their children between 2:30 p.m.-2:40 p.m.
Students should not come to campus if:
- they have had one-on-one contact with any person(s) known to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 10 days
- have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days or have been tested due to symptoms of COVID-19 and are awaiting results
- have traveled outside of the United States in the past 10 days
- they are not feeling well and experience Covid-19 symptoms.
We are taking all the precautions we need to in order to keep everyone safe. The building is being cleaned regularly, and we are screening everyone and requiring frequent hand washing and masks. Please be considerate of others and follow each of the guidelines.
Note: Theroworx will be available for an extra layer of protection for anyone who wishes to use it.
Ways to Register
Registration opens on 1.21.21 at 8:00 a.m.
- REGISTER ONLINE via the secure online registration system
- Questions? Contact the UWF Continuing Education Student Support Center
**Participants must be between 6-12 years old.
Movement Academy Objectives
- Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self- expression, and/or social interaction.
- Appreciate movement and skills that promote physical literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to use communication skills to enhance health and reduce health risks.
- Demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance physical education and health.
- Demonstrate the ability to use goal-setting skills to enhance physical abilities and health.
- Demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
- Demonstrate competency in skills and movements needed to perform a variety of activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participate regularly in physical activity.
- Achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal/social behavior that respects self and others in PA settings.
- Participate in enjoyable experiences, while moving to become physically literate and physically active for life!