How to Apply for Online RN-BSN
Application information for the Online RN-BSN degree
Separate School of Nursing admission is required for the RN to BSN student. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the RN to BSN program track.
Preferred admission is given to students who have completed all other requirements for the University Baccalaureate degree prior to enrolling in the nursing upper division coursework.
- Admission to the University of West Florida.
- Completion of an Associate of Science degree in Nursing, or graduate of a diploma nursing program.
- Documentation of current unencumbered United States Registered Nursing licensure, in all states where student will be residing during matriculation.
- Health Center Immunization forms or waivers submitted.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 in all college credit course work.
- Minimum grade of "C" in all 8 Florida Common Course Prerequisites applicable to the BSN degree program.
- Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree or completion of UWF General Education and Florida Common Core requirements, including Gordon Rule. Please see the catalog for detailed information. May be "in progress", but must be completed prior to students final semester.
- Satisfactory completion of the foreign language requirement. May be "in progress", but completed prior to students final semester.
- Upon admission to the program student must submit an individual Professional Liability Insurance Declaration page. Coverage by employer does NOT meet this requirement.
For assistance and advising e-mail email@example.com or call 850-474-2718
The RN to BSN program cannot accommodate students outside the US at this time.
Nursing Application Deadlines
Enrollment is limited in this program and acceptance to the University does not constitute admission to the upper division RN-BSN program track.
|Course Start Date||
|Tuition Deadline||Drop/Add Period|
|January 9, 2017||December 5, 2016||January 2, 2017||January 13, 2017||January 9-13, 2017|
|March 6, 2017||February 6, 2017||February 27, 2017||March 10, 2017||March 6-10, 2017|
|May 15, 2017||April 14, 2017||May 8, 2017||May 19, 2017||May 15-19, 2017|
|August 28, 2017||July 28, 2017||August 21, 2017||September 3, 2017||August 28- September 3, 2017|
|October 18, 2017||September 15, 2017||October 11, 2017||October 24, 2017||October 18-24, 2017|
State Waiver students may only register on the first day of class and need to contact the program advisor for assistance.
- University admission (all transcripts received, evaluated, and recorded by University Office of Admissions)
- Health Center immunization documents or waivers submitted to Health Center.
- If you are accepted for the term you've requested and then decline to begin, you will need to contact the nursing program advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be aware that financial aid may not be available in the summer (May and June). If you are dependent on financial aid it is recommended you determine your financial aid status prior to applying for the summer terms.
Upon receipt of program admission notification you are required to;
- Accept the offer of admission within 2 weeks by uploading and emailing all required documents (signed letter of acceptance, handbook signature page, copy of RN license and insurance verification) to email@example.com Apply for personal professional liability insurance in the amount of $1 millon per incident and $3 million Aggregate (hospital coverage does NOT comply with this requirement)
- Register for coursework
- Activate Argonet accounts and UWF email account
- Order books for courses (do not wait until the first day of class) Go to the UWF Bookstore for current listing of course text books
- Prepare to enter course on the first available day by accessing UWF Online Campus Information