2016 Conference Highlights
On March 4, 2016, the UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program convened its third Women in Leadership - Designing Your Future conference. About 400 students, faculty and community leaders attended. Following are highlights of the conference.
Recommended Reading Book List
- "Off-Ramps and On-Ramps: Keeping Talented Women on the Road to Success" by Sylvia Ann Hewlett
- "The Customer Comes Second" by Diane McFerrin Peters and Hal Rosenbluth
- "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand
- "The Business Model Innovation Factory" by Saul Kaplan
- “Intentional Living: Choosing a Life That Matters” by John Maxwell
- “Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?” by Seth Godin
- “Start with Why” by Simon Sinek
- "The Art of Leadership" by George Manning and Kent Curtis
- "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain
Opening Session: "Mentorship Experiences that Make the Difference!"
Presented by Carol Carlan, President, Sacred Heart Foundation
Panel Discussion "Leading Through Innovation"
Moderator: Jennifer Grove, Community Development Manager, Gulf Power Company
- Debbie Calder, Executive VP, Greater Pensacola Operations, Navy Federal Credit Union
- Dr. Sharon Heise, Associate Director, Florida Institute for Human & Machine Cognition
- Dr. Mary Mehta, Chief Medical Officer & Pediatric Cardiologist, Nemours Children's Clinic
- Dr. Pamela Northrup, CEO, Innovation Institute, and Senior Associate Provost, University of West Florida
Panel Discussion "Juggling Whilst Climbing a Mountain"
Moderator: Rachael Gillette, Director of Professional Development, Studer Community Institute
- Christina Doss, Managing Director, Saltmarsh Financial Advisors
- Lisa Reese, President & Publisher, Pensacola News Journal
- Amie Remington, General Counsel, Landrum Human Resource Companies, Inc.
- Kimberly Wyatt, News Director, WEAR-TV/WFGX-TV
Closing Session: "Power and Pearls: A Conversation on Women and Career Advancement"
Presented by Dr. Katrice Albert, Vice President, Office for Equity and Diversity, University of Minnesota