2014 Conference Highlights
On February 7, 2014, the UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program convened its first Women in Leadership - Designing Your Future conference. About 400 students, faculty and community leaders attended. Following are highlights of the conference.
Presented by Dr. Judy Bense, President, University of West Florida
Panel Discussion "Communication Skill: A Pathway to Career Success"
Moderator: Julie Sheppard, General Counsel, Institute for Human & Machine Cognition
- Pam Childers, Clerk of the Court & Comptroller, Escambia County
- Dr. Martha Saunders, Provost, University of West Florida
- Holly Smith, President, H2 Consulting
- Debbie Ritchie, Chief Operating Officer, Studer Group
- Bentina Terry, VP External Affairs & Corporate Services, Gulf Power
Panel Discussion "Emotional Intelligence: A Core Competency for Great Leadership"
Moderator: Evon Emerson, retired CEO, Greater Pensacola Chamber
- Kathy Anthony, Vice President, IMS ExpertServices and Chair, Vistage Florida
- Debbie Calder, Sr. Vice President, Navy Federal Credit Union
- Carol Carlan, President, Sacred Heart Foundation
- Susan O'Connor, Franchise Owner, McDonalds
Presented by Pam Bilbrey, President, Bilbrey and Associates
A collection of photos of speakers, panel discussions and attendees at the 2014 Women in Leadership Conference.
Recommended Reading Book List
- "Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln: 21 Powerful Secrets of History's Greatest Speakers", by James Hume
- "Leading Change", by John P. Kotter
- "Hardwiring Excellence", by Quint Studer
- "The Secret Handshake", by Kathleen Reardon
- "How Will You Measure Your Life?", by Clayton M. Christensen
- "Purpose Driven Life", by Rick Warren
- "The Strengths Finder", by Tom Rath
- "The Road Less Traveled", by M. Scott Perry
- "Why", by Simon Sinek
- "Primal Leadership", by Daniel Goleman
- "Lean In", by Sheryl Sandberg
- "Leaders Eat Last", by Simon Sinek
- "The Customer Comes Second", by Hal Rosenbluthe