During the semester-long experience, students completing a minor in Professional Education practice teaching their chosen subject in a secondary classroom guided by an experienced teacher. Students spend approximately 8-10 hours a week (100 hours total/semester) in the classroom working with learners and teaching during this field experience.
- Complete EDF 3234, EDG 3323, and ESE 4322 with a grade of C- or higher
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in all Education classes
- Complete an application in Tk20 within the application window
- Fall – Application window is March 1st to May 1st
- Spring – Application window is August 1st to October 1st
Fingerprinting and Background Checks
To comply with the Jessica Lunsford Act, all students completing a field experience in the State of Florida must be fingerprinted and complete a background check. Students should refer to their local school district website for procedures and costs for fingerprinting and background checks when they complete their TK20 application. Students will not be allowed entry into a school without first completing the fingerprinting and background checks required by that district.
View the TEEL Guide 2019 - 2020 to Field Experience, Secondary Practicum, Student Teaching and Apprenticeship Teaching (PDF)