Pre-Law Legal Studies

The following minor is offered by the UWF Department of Administration and Law. For more details, please see your academic advisor.

Pre-Law Legal Studies Minor - specialty image

Program Description

The Pre-Law Legal Studies Minor is meant as a supplement to majors other than Legal Studies and is for those who want a minimal background to prepare for law school or who want an introduction to terminology and basic ideas and skills related to the law and the legal profession.

Students who are considering attending law school are strongly encouraged to complete PLA 3103-Legal Research and Writing for the elective in this minor. Students who take PLA 3103-Legal Research and Writing should successfully complete at least one or two law-related courses before attempting this course. Contact a Legal Studies advisor who will assist in choosing appropriate courses. A minimum of 9 sh of upper division courses must be completed at UWF. Legal Studies majors may not earn this minor.

For more specific requirements, visit the Online UWF Catalog.

Required Courses

**Students majoring in "Legal Studies" may NOT add this minor to their degree plan.**

(CORE) 6 Hours 
PLA 3020-Law and Society
PLA 2013-Survey of American Law

(OPTION-Select ONE) 3 Hours
PLA 4263-Evidence OR
PLA 4885-Constitutional Law

*Any PLA course not taken to satisfy the above requirements

Department Contact

Charlie Penrod, J.D.
Associate Professor, Legal Studies
University of West Florida
Building 85, Room 117
Pensacola, FL 32514
(850) 474-2777

Catalog Description
Department's Website


Related Pages

Contact an Advisor Today!

Not sure where to start? Want to discuss classes, course load, or details of the program? Make an appointment with an advisor today!

Tour Our Campus!

Request a guided visit of our beautiful campus and see what makes UWF the perfect place to earn your degree. Plan your visit today!

Apply Today!

Find out more about applying, receive helpful resources, and contact your Admissions Counselor through the UWF Office of Undergraduate Admissions.