Public Administration, M.S.A.
The Master of Science in Administration with a specialization in Public Administration is an interdisciplinary degree offered entirely online. The program of studies is designed to prepare students for advanced management and leadership roles in public and not-for-profit organizations at the federal, state and local levels.
Graduate Students in Public Administration at UWF will build managerial and analytical skills useful in a career in governmental and nonprofit organizations. The program integrates administrative theory and practice, and is designed to provide an understanding of governmental and not-for-profit structures and processes as well as the political/economic/organizational environment in which the administrator works.
This Online Graduate Program is well suited for mid-career specialists as well as pre-service students. Specialists who desire to move into broader administrative positions of responsibility or to upgrade their administrative capabilities will find the program useful. Pre-service students are provided important networking opportunities through interaction in online classes with experienced mid-level professional and/or executive staff presently employed in governmental or not-for-profit agencies.
Online degrees may not be available in all states. If you are an out-of-state student, please review our State Authorization Status to confirm that the program is available in your state.
Prospective job areas for graduates of the public administration specialization include, among others:
- City Manager
- Assistant City Manager
- City Administrator
- Assistant City Administrator
- County Administrator
- Assistant County Administrator
- Personnel Specialist
- Labor Relations Specialist
- Procurement and Supply-chain Professional
- Policy Director
- Legislative Liaison
- Legislative Assistant
- Budget Director
Ranked in top 25 Best Online Master's Programs in Public Administration by Best Colleges
Ranked #12 for Best Online Master's in Public Administration by Intelligent.com
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the criteria listed below are used to assess the potential success of each applicant.
• Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
• Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
• Submission of graduate admission tests: GRE, MAT, or GMAT*
• Undergraduate cumulative GPA
• Graduate GPA, if applicable
• Submission of letter of intent describing the candidate’s work experience and reasons for pursuing the degree program, including how the degree relates to career goals.
• Overall fit with the program
* Review your eligibility for an admission test score waiver.
Certain graduate programs have earlier application deadlines. Check with the graduate department for departmental specific deadlines.