CAE-CD Summer Workshops
August 15-16, 2017 in Chicago, IL
September 19-20, 2017 in Garden Grove, CA
The CAE-CD Program Office, in coordination with Moraine Valley Community College and Coastline Community College, will host two identical workshops this summer to garner input from designated institutions before processes and policies are finalized. The CAE-CD Office highly recommends attending one of these workshops to give input on important processes before they are implemented.
Travel funds are available for ONE representative from each CAE designated institution to attend ONE workshop. Faculty from CAE institutions in the Southeast Region (AL, FL, GA. SC. TN and PR) interested in applying for a travel stipend should complete the application below by August 7th. Please contact Julie White <firstname.lastname@example.org> for any questions regarding the application. Faculty will be required to follow travel funding requirements and attend both workshop days to be eligible for travel reimbursement. All faculty from CAE institutions are encouraged to attend either workshop; however, travel funding can only be requested by one institutional representative for one workshop so please consider coordinating with colleagues from your institution.
For workshop information: click here
To register for the August 15 - 16 workshop in Chicago: click here
To register for the September 19 - 20 workshop in Garden Grove: click here
Travel funding application for faculty from Southeast CAE institutions: click here
CAE-CD Workshop Agenda
Agenda Day One:
* 9:00-10:00 - Update on curriculum initiatives and the Cybersecurity Executive Order Workforce provisions.
* 10:15-11:30 - Participant will choose one working group per time block:
* Re-designation Criteria:
* The CAE Program Office will provide draft re-designation criteria in advance of the workshops. This session will provide clarification on any questions, and allow input from PIs/CAE reps.
* Requirements for the New CAE-CD Application Tool and Annual Report:
* The CAE Program Office is gathering requirements for the new CAE-CD online application tool, and will be finalizing requirements for the annual report. Input is desired on application tool functionality and data content; input on reporting requirements and due dates for the annual report is also requested.
* 11:45-12:15 - Morning working group out brief
* 12:15-1:30 - Lunch
* 1:30-3:00 - Participant will choose one working group per time block:
* Finalizing Knowledge Units (KUs) and Designation scheme:
* Update of the KUs will be finalized shortly after the September workshop; this will be the final opportunity for input on individual KUs, as well as the KU core requirements, and mapping to the Workforce Framework. Discussion will also address alignment with the latest draft of the ACM Cybersecurity Curricula recommendations. Finally, suggestions for naming and structure of the CAE-CD designations will be discussed.
* Visiting Committees:
* With focus on re-designations, establishment of Visiting Committees has been suggested. Discussion will include the advisability of such a process for re-designating CAE-CD institutions, and possible procedures associated.
* 3:15-4:30, Afternoon working group outbrief and wrap-up
Agenda Day Two:
* 9:00-10:30 - Participant will choose one working group per time block:
* Skills Measurement:
* Employers have consistently complained that students are not graduating college ready for work. While a final solution may never be available, this discussion will focus on if and how CAE-CD schools might measure student's skills based on the tools identified in the current CSUSB study, and what metrics we could provide relative to the workforce framework skills and abilities.
* Faculty Professional Development:
* Dakota State University, a Consultant CRRC, in conjunction with the Hub CRRCs is leading the effort to provide various faculty professional development classes and workshops. We need your help to take it to the next level. This discussion will focus on providing faculty opportunities to work in government organizations and industry to develop skills and gain an appreciation for workforce requirements.
* 10:45-11:00, Morning working group outbrief
* 11:15-12:30, Lunch
* 12:30-14:00, Way forward discussion
For more information on the Summer Workshop visit the CAE Community website.