Get started in the right direction! General Education equips you with a broad knowledge base and variety of skills to be successful in any major.
The General Education program at the University of West Florida provides a coherent program of study that promotes the development of a broadly educated person.
The University of West Florida General Education Program provides students with a cohesive and broad knowledge and appreciation of the arts and sciences, an understanding of the connections between knowledge of different kinds and how such knowledge is attained, and the basic knowledge and skills they need to succeed in their university studies.
- Caring - A safe and dynamic learning environment that encourages the development of individual potential.
- Integrity - Doing the right thing for the right reason.
- Quality - Dedication to uncompromising excellence.
- Innovation - Dedication to exploring and expanding the boundaries of knowledge.
- Teamwork - Working together to achieve shared goals.
- Stewardship - Managing and protecting our resources.
- Courage - Different by design.
- Global perspective - Viewing events and issues across diverse political, ethnic, and geographic points of view.
- Inquiry - Seeking knowledge and understanding through an interdisciplinary perspective.
General Education Assessment
Due to COVID-19, assessment guidelines have been adjusted to provide greater flexibility in assessment and reporting procedures. Please review the pages below for more information.