Freshman President's Scholarship Competitions
A one-day, invitation-only competition at which incoming freshmen compete for the University's most prestigious scholarships.
2020 Competition Dates
- Friday, January 17
- Friday, January 24
- Friday, February 7
Space is very limited for each date, so RSVP soon after receiving an invitation.
*We have reached maximum capacity and registration is closed.*
Pace Presidential Scholarship* | Value: $50,000+
The Pace Presidential Scholarship, in conjunction with Florida Bright Futures, covers tuition, mandatory fees, a meal plan, on-campus housing, a $600 per-semester textbook stipend, and a one-time paid summer research or study abroad experience valued at up to $1,500. The award will not exceed direct costs.
Students who do not receive the Pace Presidential Scholarship will maintain their original Admissions Academic Merit Scholarship.
- Students selected for the competition must be traditional-age incoming freshmen.
- The competition is invitation-only.
- You must participate in the on-campus competition (no exceptions).
- The competition will include an interview with a faculty member.
- Those invited to attend will be asked to submit an essay (prompt will be provided).
- Students are automatically considered for invitation once they are offered admission. Once invited, the student will need to complete the RSVP (sent via email and postal).
- Students must have completed their application by the deadline and be offered admission by the decision date falling prior to the competition.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is committed to providing an exceptional visit experience for every guest. Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations is requested to advise UWF by contacting ADA Program Office at 850.474.2694 or 711 (TTY) at least two (2) business days prior to the event. For information or to submit a request, visit the Public Event Accommodations Page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.