Apply to be an Orientation Leader
Orientation Leaders are responsible for welcoming new Argos and their guests to UWF and our campus community. They also serve as role models and mentors to these students as they make their transition to college.
2021 Orientation Leader Positions
UWF Orientation Leaders are responsible for welcoming and orienting incoming students and families to UWF at New Student Orientation throughout the summer. This includes, but is not limited to, informing new students about all campus resources, involvement opportunities and campus policies while also serving as a role model and mentor to incoming students as they make their transition to college. They must demonstrate effective leadership skills and abilities as they welcome incoming students and families. Orientation Leaders must also possess good oral and written communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They must take initiative and be task-oriented, open to change and new opportunities and organized, and must support the mission, vision and goals of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Affairs. All events, the position and more are dependent on the standards, policies and procedures with UWF and COVID-19 event and work position planning.
- Be a current undergraduate student and enrolled or planning to enroll in classes for Spring 2021 and plan to enroll for Fall 2021.
- Possess and maintain at least a 2.50 GPA and be in good academic standing through Summer 2021.
- Live on campus in the residence hall throughout the summer.
- Attend and work all mandatory training and orientation events, including but not limited to fall, spring and summer training sessions.
- Attend the Admitted Students Tailgate in April 2021.
- Attend the Orientation Team Premiere event in May 2021.
- Perform all other necessary duties as assigned.
- Possess professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Possess a sincere desire to serve UWF’s incoming students and families.
- Demonstrate an understanding and show insight for the purpose of orientation.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills and abilities.
- Be able to work in a team environment and work with many different personalities effectively.
- Support all University policies and procedures, faculty and staff.
- Be reliable, responsible, punctual, team-oriented, willing to learn, flexible and professional while representing UWF to incoming students and families.
- Housing for Summer 2021 valued at approximately $2,200.
- Meals or sustenance provided during sessions.
- Uniform polos and other swag items valued at approximately $100.
- Approximately (12) 2-hour fall/spring training sessions (November-April) at $8.56/hour.
- Summer (May-July) Salary of $1,100.
- $8.56/hour for August sessions.
Applications must be completed online by Friday, Dec. 4, 2020. Applicants must also sign up for an interview time slot via Google Calendar appointment. Application packet must include:
- Completed application.
- Detailed cover letter indicating why you want to be an Orientation Leader for the 2021 Summer (one-page maximum).
- List of current references (3 total).
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.