The mission of Wellness Services is to encourage students to make healthy lifestyle decisions that facilitate academic success and lead to life-long health and wellness. Wellness Services provides quality, evidence-based health promotion programs available to all UWF students.
The University of West Florida neither encourages nor condemns the legal consumption of alcoholic beverages. The University recognizes, however, that the majority of undergraduate students are below the legal drinking age and that there are serious health risks and behavior problems associated with the use of alcohol in the collegiate environment.
In support of responsible management of alcohol, the University provides numerous resources and support services available to our students, faculty and staff.
Online screening for alcohol use
Are you interested in receiving personalized feedback about your alcohol use? Take a brief confidential screening survey through eCHECKUP TOGO.
The screening is an interactive web program that allows college and university students to enter information about their drinking patterns and receive immediate, personalized feedback about their use of alcohol. It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete, is self-guided and requires no face-to-face contact time with a counselor.
UWF Alcohol Policies
- Notice-UWF-REG 3.010 Student Code of Conduct 2018
- Alcohol Marketing Guidelines
- Alcohol Policy for Student Organization Sponsored Events
- UWF Counseling & Psychological Services - 850.474.2420
- The Friary of Lakeview - 850.932.9375
- Twelve Oaks Alcohol & Drug Treatment Center - 850.939.1200
- Lakeview - 850.432.1222
- Crisis Line - 850.438.1617
- Official Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Homepage
- Pensacola AA
- Al-Anon / Alateen
- Facts About Alcohol Overdose (or Alcohol Poisoning)
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence provides a site that contains comprehensive information on issues of prevention, research, treatment, and more.
- The Century Council maintains a site dedicated to fighting drunk driving and underage drinking.
- Columbia University sponsors Go Ask Alice, a health column with archives pertaining to alcohol, nicotine and other drugs.
- AddictionResource.com was created to help addicts and their loved ones overcome addiction.