Queer Peer Mentoring Program
Our vision is to cultivate an environment where all students can thrive and succeed. Ultimately, we want to enhance students’ sense of belonging and create a more inclusive community here at UWF.
Coming Soon Spring '23
QPMP's aim to:
- Affirm and Support LGBTQ+ students on UWF campus
- Create safe and open spaces for the LGBTQ+ community
- Foster relationships between students, faculty, and staff that will offer support, guidance, resources and friendship
- Develop successful undergraduate and graduate students who identify within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Expose students to the diverse professional lives and opportunities of the LGBTQ+ members of the UWF community
- Provide mentors an opportunity to help students develop outside of the classroom
- To increase visibility of LGBTQ+ professionals at UWF
The Queer Peer and Mentoring Program offers students the option to choose a faculty/staff mentor or a student peer to serve as their mentor.
- Mentors provide their Mentees with a supportive relationship focused on helping the student transition to college life.
- Faculty/staff mentors are required to attend a one hour orientation training to review program expectations, roles and responsibilities.
- Peer Mentors are required to participate in an in-person interview and attend training to learn about expectations, roles, responsibilities as well as campus resources.
How do I get involved before Spring '23
Attend an interest meeting! Interest meetings will be held throughout the Fall '22 semester.
How do I get involved as a Mentor?
Faculty, staff or students who are interested in serving as a mentor should complete this form.
How do I request a Mentor?
Students who are interested in being paired with a mentor should complete this form.
SGRC staff will contact you via email with additional information and instructions.
For additional information contact us at Inclusion@uwf.edu.