First-Generation Success Network
Through the First-Gen Success Network, students will have the opportunity to connect with faculty, staff, and other students who understand what it is like to be First-Gen and the unique needs that come along with it.
Together, We Are FIRST
The First-Generation Success Network is a collection of students, faculty, and staff who are first-generation college students.
Who is considered a First-Generation College Student?
A First-Generation college student is often described as those whose parents or guardians did not obtain a four-year degree. (Rodini et al., 2018).
What are the Benefits of the First-Generation Success Network?
- Unique community events and activities
- Program t-shirt and other merch
- Exclusive networking opportunities with faculty and staff across campus
- Access to campus resources and first-gen specific workshops hosted by campus partners
- Access to premium spring semester events, such as campus leader networking and Pensacola area excursions
- Students who are highly engaged with First-Gen will have the opportunity to earn a graduation stole and will be recognized at the exclusive First-Gen Graduation Banquet
Interested in how to become a part of the First-Gen Success Network? FIRST-GENERATION SUCCESS NETWORK INTEREST FORM
How to Join the Network
The Network is ongoing and will support undergraduate and graduate students throughout their entire UWF journey. Faculty and staff members of the Network can get involved by attending and actively participating in Monthly Network Meetings and/or being listed on our contact sheet for one-on-one goal setting or mentorship throughout the semester.