There's An App For That - Studying & Memory
This page provides information on apps that can help improve your study skills and your memory.
Anki & AnkiApp
Anki is a program which makes remembering things easy. Because it's a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless.
- Whenever you have material you need to memorize (foreign language words, historic details, names of different bones) create a flashcard in a "stack" with the information you need to know.
- Go through the flashcards daily so you can commit them to memory. As you memorize the cards, this will take less time.
- Check out shared Anki decks, which offers cards for topics like foreign language, science, and math.
Quizlet’s free study tools are used by millions of students and teachers every day in every country of the world (196 if you’re counting) – from grade school to grad school to language learners to vocational students. We build learning tools that let any level student improve their performance immediately.
Quizlet started in 2005 when the then 15-year-old Andrew Sutherland created it to help him study for a high-school French class. He shared it with his friends, and it grew from there. This is why Quizlet focuses on providing the tools—and lets learners provide the curriculum. It also means Quizlet works with any existing educational system or learning style.
A mind map is a tool for the brain that captures the thinking that goes on inside your head. Mind mapping helps you think, collect knowledge, remember and create ideas. Most likely it will make you a better thinker.
SimpleMind is a program that helps you create mind maps for brainstorming, keeping track of ideas, and showing there’s a method to your madness. You can also add pictures, videos, websites, and notes to your chart.
Nebo® is the best way to take notes, always here to help you be more productive, day after day. Designed for Windows 10 and active pens, Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon and Active Pens like Samsung S Pen.
Structure your notes by creating titles, paragraphs and bulleted lists. Convert them instantly into Word, text or HTML format. Add interactive diagrams that can be copied as editable elements to PowerPoint or as images to other apps. Equations and calculations can be copied to apps supporting LaTeX, or as images. Draw sketches and annotate images. Use the latest innovations of MyScript Interactive Ink to be more productive with your pen! * Check compatible devices on myscript.com/nebo
With Nebo, users can:
- Draw interactive diagrams with elements you can edit and move around. Copy them as images to any app or as fully editable diagrams to PowerPoint.
- Get a Word, text or PDF (iOS only) document out of your Nebo note. View your HTML note in Quick Look (iOS only) or your browser.
- Find handwritten ink and text across all notes in your library, including in your diagrams.
- Structure your notes using titles, paragraphs and bulleted lists. Convert your handwriting into typeset text.
- Sync your notes to iCloud (iOS only), Google Drive or Dropbox. Requires a MyScript account (free).
Follow this link for more information, including a video to see Smart Note in action, and to download MyScript® Nebo for both iPhone and Android.
Kurzweil 3000TM is the comprehensive reading, writing and learning software solution for any struggling reader, including individuals with learning difficulties, such as dyslexia, attention deficit disorder or those who are English Language Learners
Kurzweil 3000 is only available in physical computer labs for all UWF students. Visit the Student Accessibility Resources Kurzweil 3000 webpage for more information and resources.
iTunes University (iTunes U for short) has a wealth of curriculum course material from many top universities and colleges. Your own school’s course materials might even be on iTunes U, but if not, you might find similar content from the equivalent courses at other schools. The app is only available for iOS, and content is a mix of text (multiple formats), audio, and video, depending on the content provided by the course content creator.
Follow this link to download iTunes U for iOS.
To request this page or any information referenced on the page in an alternative format, please email email@example.com.