Outdoor Adventures Trips & Events
OA Trips and Events are available for current students, faculty, and staff of UWF and their guests. For details on how we have adjusted our programming for the Fall 2020 semester in response to COVID-19, please see our COVID-19 policies listed below.
Visit the lower fitness center desk at the Health, Leisure and Sports Facility (Building 72) to register for your trip. You can also register online by visiting our OA online store and selecting your trip from the list. See a trip you're interested in? Click on the trip's itinerary or visit our online store for more information.
|Trip, Date||Student | Faculty/Staff | Guest Cost*||Itinerary|
|Tubing, Sept. 13||$10 | $15 | $20||Tubing Itinerary|
|Campus Kayaking, Sept. 19||$5 | $10 | $15||Campus Kayaking Itinerary|
|Tarkiln Bayou Preserve State Park Hiking, Sept. 26||$10 | $15 | $20||Tarkiln Bayou Preserve State Park Hiking Itinerary|
|Intro Paddleboarding, Oct. 10||$60 | $65 | $70||Intro Paddleboarding Itinerary|
|Florida Trail Intro Hiking, Oct. 17||$15 | $20 | $25||Florida Trail Intro Hiking Juniper Creek Itinerary|
*Prices based on early registration.
|Painting the Night Away, Sept. 25||
|Women of the Rec, Oct. 11||FREE|
|Halloween Hike, Oct. 28||FREE|
|Disc Golf Winter Classic, Nov. 21||
$30 - Student and Novice
Ready to Register for a Trip or Event? Want More Information?
See a trip or event you're interested in? Click on the trip's itinerary or visit our online store for more information.
COVID-19 Policies for Trips and Events
In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, the following policies have been put in place until further notice.
- Participant max number will be lowered from 12 to 8.
- Pre-trip meetings will be conducted virtually through Google Meet.
- Trip leaders will ask all participants the COVID-19 survey questions during the pre-trip meeting, before departing for the trip, and after returning from the trip.
- Trips will be moved to single day trips.
- Trip locations will be closer in distance to campus to allow participants, who are able, the ability to transport themselves.
- Both Recreation vans will be utilized for all trips for the participants who are unable to transport themselves. Participants will be divided evenly between vans with additional social distancing precautions.
- Masks will be required to be worn by participants and trip leaders when traveling in the vans and are strongly encouraged to be used through the duration of the trip.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for use before entering and after leaving the vans.
- Extra water will be provided to participants to wash their hands with soap.
- Trip leaders will sanitize all van surfaces before and after use.
- Vans will sit for 72 hours before additional use.
- If program gear is needed, each participant will be assigned to a specific piece of gear for individual use through the duration of the trip.
All listed policies are based on the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Association of Outdoor Recreation and Education (AORE) and best practice as discussed with other University Outdoor programs.
Full payment must be made with registration unless otherwise specified on the trip’s registration page.
Please review your trip’s itinerary carefully for meeting location and to see if there are any special preparation instructions. As a COVID-19 precausion, pre-trip meetings will be conducted virtually through Google Meet. Trip leaders will ask all participants the COVID-19 survey questions during the pre-trip meeting, before departing for the trip, and after returning from the trip.
Refund requests must be made before the refund deadline that’s listed on the receipt. Should a trip be canceled due to weather or insufficient participation, registered participants will receive a full refund.
Trip participants are permitted sponsorship of one guest per trip at an additional cost. The full trip payments for both participants must be made at the lower fitness center desk at the Health, Leisure and Sports Facility (Building 72).
The sponsor must accompany their guest on the trip and is responsible for their actions.
OA trip participation honors the Health, Leisure and Sports Facility guest policy. More information about the HLS Facility’s admittance policies can be found here (link).
Did you go on an OA trip? Leave us your feedback!
Check out Outdoor Adventures videos and trip footage on YouTube.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.