Team Building Event Overview
Thank you for considering UWF Outdoor Adventures for your event. We're excited to serve you! Most participants find team building to be a challenging but fun learning experience, so we think you'll find the event enjoyable and valuable. Here are a few things to consider in preparation.
What to Wear
Participants must wear closed-toed shoes. Team building may involve mild activity, so you should wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for a full range of body positions.
What Not to Wear
Anything you don't want to be scratched, dented or lost should be put away, including watches and loose-fitting glasses. Jewelry, such as dangling necklaces and earrings or large rings that could be hooked or injure another participant, should likewise be removed.
What to Expect
We'll start with some "warm-up" games that get your creativity, playful spirit and activity level up. Some games will also help you learn new things about your peers, such as hobbies, favorite foods and childhood experiences. Then, we'll move into trust activities, working in pairs or small groups with the aid of blindfolds. Once these activities have you feeling closer, team building initiatives will challenge you with puzzles requiring group participation to complete. We facilitate the experience throughout, using mid-activity reflection and debriefing to draw learning from the activities and transfer lessons back to the "real world." Most will leave both tired and exhilarated!
Facilitators will provide specific instructions for managing the risks of each activity. An activity may also be suspended at the discretion of the facilitator if safety becomes a concern.
- The activities have no “real world” applications. The team building initiatives will challenge you with puzzles requiring group participation to complete. We facilitate the experience throughout, using mid-activity reflection and debriefing to draw learning from the activities and transfer lessons back to the “real world.”
- I’ll be forced to participate beyond my limits. We will not pressure you to do something you don’t want to do. We follow a philosophy of Challenge by Choice, which means it is up the individual to choose the level of challenge they accept.
Teambuilding Event Pricing
- Facility Rental - $25 per hour
- Lead Facilitator - $50 per hour
- Assistant Facilitators - $20 per hour/per facilitator
- Set-up Fee - price will vary