Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility How to get an I-20 | University of West Florida Skip to main content

How to Get an I-20

If you plan to attend UWF on an F-1 student visa, you need a Form I-20. International Programs issues the I-20 for admitted students.

Intensive English Program Student in Class
Intensive English Program Student in Class at UWF

Getting a Form I-20

Congratulations on your admission to UWF! The next step is to get an I-20 so that you can apply for a student visa. There are 3 easy steps to get an I-20 and visa appointment.

You can contact International Programs if you have any questions about the steps.

  1. Upon admission, complete the Proof of Identity and Financial Support form. 
  2. When your I-20 is issued, International Programs contacts you regarding shipping your I-20.
  3. Schedule an appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a student visa. Check your email for details on how to schedule a visa appointment.

Learn more about getting a student visa at Study in the States.

Transfer Students

If you are transferring from another U.S. institution, you can request that your I-20 be transferred to UWF.

After you complete the Proof of Identity and Financial Support form, International Programs will send you the International Student Transfer Form. You need to contact your current international student advisor to submit the transfer form and set a transfer release date that works with your travel schedule.

Please see Transferring a Form I-20 to UWF for more information or contact us at