High-Impact Practices and Experiential Learning
UWF is committed to providing students with the opportunity to experience learning inside and outside of the classroom. See below for the opportunities and programs!
Why should I participate?
Students who participate in high-impact practices (HIPs) and experiential learning are better equipped to face the challenges and demands of a 21st Century global society. Research suggests that students who engage in two or more HIPs are found to have higher GPAs and higher overall student engagement.
- Boost employability by building workforce-ready skills.
- Higher GPA and graduation rates.
- Learn and retain information.
- Engage with faculty at higher-than-average student/faculty interaction rates.
- Connect inside and outside the classroom.
- Receive personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Become eligible for one of several high-impact and experiential learning awards.
Virtual Experiential Learning Resources
Virtual experiential learning experiences are a great way to bolster your resume for post-graduate jobs. Take a look at the resources outlined here!Virtual Experiential Learning Resources
Start Your Career with a Handshake
Handshake is the university-wide job posting system for students and alumni to schedule appointments with career coaches, stay up to date with career events, search for jobs, internships, Co-ops, and more.
- Current students will access Handshake via MyUWF and will have an account already created for them.
- Alumni may need to create a Handshake account and connect with UWF.
- Visit the Students/Alumni FAQs page on the Handshake at UWF website for more information.
Wed, 01 Nov 2023 17:00:00 +0000Wed, 01 Nov 2023 17:00:00 +00002023 All Majors Career & Internship Fair
Tue, 05 Mar 2024 18:00:00 +0000Tue, 05 Mar 2024 18:00:00 +00002024 Career Week: Health & Social Services Edition
Wed, 06 Mar 2024 18:00:00 +0000Wed, 06 Mar 2024 18:00:00 +00002024 Career Week: Science & Engineering Edition