Faculty/ Staff Frequently Asked Questions

The following information answers some of the most frequently asked questions by faculty and staff.

What might be considered disruptive behavior?

Disruptive or disorderly conduct includes but is not limited to the following:

  • Conduct which is disorderly and/ or disruptive or in any way interferes with the administration or functions of the University, interferes with the freedom of movement of members or guests of the University community, or interferes with the rights of others to carry out their activities or duties
  • Conduct that substantially disrupts or materially interferes with University activities or that reasonably leads University authorities to forecast such disruption or interference
  • Failure to follow directives of University officials
I suspect a group of students or a student organization might have engaged in misconduct. Should I refer my concerns to the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities?

Yes, the Student Code of Conduct applies to students and student organizations.

How do I submit an Incident Report to the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities?

Submit an incident report through the respective links at uwf.edu/deanofstudents for academic and non-academic misconduct.

When should I call the University Police Department?

You should call the University Police Department if you feel there is an imminent threat of violence or unlawful behavior. Such behaviors may include a student's refusal to leave class after being instructed to leave. If there is a situation that requires emergency services such as medical help, call 911 or University Police at 850.474.2415.