About LEAD: The Staff Version
LEAD: The Staff Version is a year-long leadership development program for staff.
About the LEAD (Staff) Program
The LEAD (Leadership, Enhancement, Activities & Development) Program is a year-long leadership development program designed to help participants enhance their leadership skills, build relationships with people across campus and develop strategies to help them flourish as leaders and team players. The Staff program is led by Dr. Athena du Pré, Distinguished University Professor.
Background information about the program:
- LEAD: The Staff Version is sponsored by the Office of the Provost;
- It is based on the LEAD program that flourished at UWF for nearly 15 years before budget cuts forced the university to put the program on hold;
- Approximately 15 applicants will be accepted to take part in monthly leadership retreats and field trips;
- Full-time UWF workforce staff members are eligible to apply;
Participants will get to know colleagues from across the university as they build leadership skills that will serve them well in any position. They will also engage in such activities as:
- field trips on and off campus;
- roundtable discussions with university leaders;
- leadership workshops on topics such as project management, servant leadership, event planning, conflict management, providing legendary service, public speaking skills, and more;
- discussion about current issues in leadership;
- strategy-building sessions to apply the skills to your job;
- participation in a team project to benefit the university.
Applying for LEAD: The Staff Version
The application period for 2019-2020 has concluded.