OUR Explorers Program
Experience Your Major
(Open October 9 - 30, 2020)
Note: OUR matches students with UWF faculty throughout the campus and work diligently at matching each student with the right mentor. If you would like to become a mentor, please email Dr. Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get you involved!
Purpose and Eligibility
The OUR Explorers Program will take place throughout each Spring semester. Explorers will attend professional development workshops and shadow multiple faculty members through their research activities.
OUR Explorers is for students with no previous research experience. Preference will be given to first- and second-year students. The program will take place throughout each Spring semester. This program is intended to spark interests in research and creative activities to inexperienced Undergraduate students.
Current undergraduate, degree-seeking students who are in good standings with the University are eligible to apply.
No previous independent research experience outside from course assigned research
Preference will be given to freshmen and sophomore Students
OUR Explorers Program Resources
1) 2020 OUR Explorer's Check-in - you are required to complete a check-in each time you meet with your faculty or accomplish progress with your OUR Explorers program.
2) OUR Explorers Program Details - program goals and ideas to help to spark your creativity while "exploring" your possibilities.
What to Expect
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with research
- Shadow multiple faculty members
- Professional development tailored to first-time researchers
- Discover your true passion in the field of your degree
- Explorer several research groups to find your personal interest