OUR Explorers Program
Take your undergraduate research experience to the next level!
Purpose & Eligibility
The OUR Explorers Program will take place throughout each Spring semester. Explorers will attend professional development workshops and shadow multiple faculty members through their research activities.
OUR Explorers is for students with no previous research experience. Preference will be given to first and second year students. The program will take place throughout each Spring semester. This program is intended to spark interests in research and creative activities to inexperienced Undergraduate students.
- Must be currently enrolled UWF undergraduate student
- In good standing with the University of West Florida
- No previous independent research experience outside from course assigned research
- Preference will be given to Freshmen and Sophomore Students
OUR Explorers Program Resources
1) 2020 OUR Explorer's Check-in - you are required to complete a check-in each time you meet with your faculty or accomplish progress with your OUR Explorers program.
2) Explorers Menu of Research Activities- Ideas to help to spark your creativity while "exploring" your possibilities.
What to Expect
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with research
- Shadow multiple faculty members
- Professional development tailored to 1st time researchers
- Discover your true passion in the field of your degree
- Explorer several research groups to find your personal interest
Per the OUR Explorers Award funding agreement, students and faculty are to complete the following:
UWF OUR Explorers Program Application (Check back in Fall 2020)
Note* OUR matches students with UWF Faculty all throughout the campus. Dr. Schwartz works deligently at matching each student with the right mentor. If you would like to become a mentor, please email Dr.Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you involved!