RAE reviews the proposal for fiscal accuracy, compliance with university policies and procedures, agency guidelines, and accuracy and completeness of all required sections. The final step before submission is the endorsement by an authorized institutional official in RAE (Authority to Sign Contracts and Other Documents University Policy). This authorized institutional signature must be obtained before the proposal is submitted to a sponsor and is required for all projects, regardless of the source of funds (e.g., federal, state, local, private).
Additionally, RAE will
- Review agency guidelines and requirements;
- Review proposal text for editing and formatting suggestions;
- In collaboration with PI, prepare/review budget for allowable cost elements, calculate direct cost elements based on needs identified for scope of work, and prepare budget narrative;
- Provide duplication and submission of proposal documents;
Complete all standard forms such as the following:
- Application Cover Page
- Assurances, Compliances, Certifications and Representations
- Budget Format Pages
- Current & Pending Support Information for UWF personnel
- Supporting documentation such as UWF Financial Reports and Audit Certifications.
- F&A or Indirect Cost Approved Rate Agreements
- Certification of Fringe Benefit Rate Analysis
- And any other forms related to the university rather than the project proposal.