Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee is a federally mandated, campus-based committee having responsibility for overseeing the institution’s compliance with the care and use of animals.
UWF policy requires that all educational, training, or research activities involving vertebrate animal subjects, at any UWF campus or by any UWF faculty, staff or student, must be reviewed and approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee prior to initiation. ANY PURCHASE OF ANIMALS FOR RESEARCH MUST BE APPROVED BY THE IACUC PRIOR TO PURCHASE.
For faculty, staff or students working in direct contact with animals:
- Required Reading: UWF IACUC Policy & Procedures (PDF)
- Required Reading: Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals - 8th Edition
- Additional Information for Researchers
|Forms for Researchers|
|IACUC Application Form 2017 (PDF)||Researchers must use this form when submitting a project for IACUC approval.|
|IACUC Field Collections for Student Research and Teaching (PDF)||Researchers planning to conduct animal field collections for use in student research and teaching must submit this form to IACUC for approval.|
Questions or to report animal welfare concerns? Contact email@example.com or phone 850-857-6378.
- Dr. Scott Taylor, Biology (Chair)
- Dr. J. McDaniel, Veterinarian
- Dr. Youngil Lee, HLES
- Dr. Claudia Stanny, CUTLA
- Dr. Karen Pritchard, Biology
- Dr. Joe Lepo, CEDB
- Nicole McDonald, EHS
- Dr. Brian Hood, Philosophy
- Leah Lewis, Community Member
- Dr. Chris Lewis, Community Member
Registered Research Facility
UWF's Animal Care and Use Program recently became an approved Research Facility registered with the USDA. This registration ensures the University's compliance with the Animal Welfare Act.
Meeting of IACUC
The next scheduled meeting of the IACUC will occur April 12, 2021 at 2PM in the Virtual Conference Room.