The Army recently released information for the AY2021 AECP program. Please see the below link.
All applicants seeking one of the reserved AECP seats in the UWF Dr. D.W. McMillan BSN Nursing Program must apply and be admitted to the UWF Pre-Licensure BSN program. Admission requirements are described in the FAQ link below.
The UWF Pre-Licensure BSN program is a limited access program, which means that you will be admitted to the lower division portion (freshman/sophomore) portion of the program initially. This will allow for you to work with your Academic Advisor and Admissions to complete admission and academic (general education, Gordon Rule, prerequisite) requirements. Acceptance into this level of the program is required in order to have your mail-in package requesting one of the seats reserved for AECP selectees considered.
Those who are admitted and whose UWF AECP request packages are selected by the UWF AECP Selection Committee will be admitted to the upper division portion of the program, and receive a letter of acceptance to include in their AECP package to the Army. The upper division (junior/senior) portion of the program is accelerated with 2 semesters as a junior and 2 semesters as a senior. All semesters are consecutive.
When applying online for admission to the UWF Pre-Licensure BSN program, please select the BSN program. The application fee is $30. Since you cannot select the Fall 2021 semester, select the most distant semester option. If selected by the UWF AECP Selection Committee and the Army AECP Selection Board, your start date will automatically be adjusted to the correct start semester. If you will be completing prerequisite or other unmet academic requirements, select the start semester for taking that/those course(s).
Now – May 22, 2020 If not already admitted, finalize admission to UWF BSN lower Division
Now – May 22, 2020 Finalize TEAS exam and have official results sent to UWF
Now – May 22, 2020 Complete HEP B test if HEP B titer is not after May 22, 2019
April 20, 2020 UWF begins receiving supplemental application packages for AECP seats in the BSN program
May 22, 2020 Last day for UWF to receive AECP supplemental application packages for AECP seats in the BSN program
June 05, 2020 UWF AECP Selection Committee results are emailed to applicants
June 10, 2020 Acceptance letters and package emailed to those applicants selected for the AECP seats in the UWF BSN Fall 2021 Cohort
July 01, 2020 Deadline for the Army to receive applications
August 4-6, 2020 Army Selection Board meets
May 01, 2021 Final Day to receive a fully accepted letter from UWF for applicants selected by the Army with a UWF conditional acceptance letter
The following are required to be included in your package.
1. 2021 AECP Supplemental BSN Application (This application is in addition to the formal application to the University. All applicants must be formally admitted to the University of West Florida to the UWF Pre-Licensure BSN Nursing Program as a condition of package review).
3. In addition to the signed form, a laboratory report showing the concentration of antibody (titer) is required. The titer must be from a blood test taken within the 12 month period immediately preceding your application for one of the AECP seats in the upper division of the UWF BSN program. UWF has contracts with the local healthcare facilities where student clinicals will be performed that require proof of immunity level. Applications received without the required Hep B form and the required titer will not be considered.
4. Unofficial or Official transcripts – There are in addition to the official transcripts sent to admissions as part of the application to the pre-licensure BSN program. It also includes a copy of the TEAS final and area scores.
5. TEAS Registration Form-Completing at UWF / TEAS Testing - Other Locations / UWF TEAS Testing Price List / TEAS for Active Duty Military If taken at another location, you must contact ATI Testing to have your official scores sent to UWF, there is a fee. If you test at the UWF testing center your scores are automatically sent to the UWF nursing program. We DO NOT accept TEAS Version V - Allied Health. If registering for The TEAS exam can be taken up to 3 times between the dates as listed in the applications and timelines. Do not wait until late to take this exam for the first time. Testing seats fill early. Active Duty Military may be entitled to one free TEAS exam from ATI testing. For details on a free exam, or if you are located in an area that does not have an available testing center and a proctor is needed, please email military.testing@
6. Optional: Letter(s) documenting volunteer/work experience (minimum 60 hours) in a healthcare setting within the 12 months prior to the supplemental application deadline, on company letterhead, dated and signed by company official (Please note that unlike volunteer work letters, Letters of Recommendation are not requested)
Army Form 2125 The University will sign and include page 2 of the Army form 2125 to selected applicants
Upper Division UWF BSN program minimum eligibility requirements:
- Successfully completed 62 credit hours prior to the start of the nursing program.
- Successfully completed two years High School foreign language or two semesters of the same language at the college level prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program.
- Completion of all statewide common course prerequisite courses with grade of "C" or better
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration for acceptance into the upper division nursing program. No waivers.
- A minimum combined TEAS score of 75. No Waivers
All statewide common core and prerequisite courses must have been completed with a “C” or better.
Prerequisite courses that are older than 10 years will need to be retaken.
- BSC 1085/L Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 sh)
- BSC 1086/L Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 sh)
- DEP 2004 Human Development Across the Life Span (3 sh)
- HSC 2577 Principles of Nutrition (3 sh)
- MCB 1000/L Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab (4 sh)
- STA 2023 Elements of Statistics (3 sh)
- Choose One: CHMxxxx, BCHxxxx, PCBxxxx, PHYxxxx, or BSCxxxx (3 sh)
- Choose One: PSYxxxx, SOPxxxx, or SYGxxxx (3 sh)
Upper division nursing core courses, Students must earn a grade of "C" or better to progress:
Mail or deliver packages to:
University of West Florida
MVRC, BLDG. 38 Attn: David Hirras
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL 32514
DO NOT Fax or email the applications.
Note: Unofficial Evaluations fail to meet the academic rigor applied during the admissions process, and will not be done. Your career is far too important risk upon the uncertainty of an opinion As part of the Admissions process, the Admission Advisors will construct a degree audit that will serve as your official roadmap to inform you of what the degree requires, what you have satisfied, and what requirements are unmet. Application to the Pre-Licensure program should be done as early as necessary to allow for receipt of official transcripts that drive the development of the degree audit. Per Army requirements, applications with conditional letters containing greater than 12 semester hours will not be accepted. Per UWF requirements, all requirements must be met prior to the end of the Spring 2020 semester.
*The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing at UWF is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.