UWF 2017-2022 Strategic Plan
The University of West Florida’s Strategic Plan for 2017-2022 builds upon the solid foundation of teaching, research and service established since we opened our doors in 1967. The plan is built on five strategic directions and highlights priorities for transformation and growth.
Strategic Direction 1: Learner Centered and Focused
- 1.1 Provide high‐quality learning and co‐curricular experiences that inspire students to become enlightened and engaged global citizens and successful professionals.
- 1.2 Align resources to deliver exceptional support services and learning opportunities that will ensure students have access, continuity and success while earning degrees.
Strategic Direction 2: Personnel Investment and Engagement
- 2.1 Attract, retain and develop high‐quality diverse faculty and staff.
- 2.2 Recognize, reward and celebrate faculty and staff for their contributions to student development, scholarly or professional achievements, community partnerships, and the University.
- 2.3 Embrace a culture of shared responsibility.
Strategic Direction 3: Academic Programming, Scholarship, and Research
- 3.1 Build programs of distinction that enhance UWF’s reputation for educational excellence.
- 3.2 Develop and retain a culture that supports research and creativity.
- 3.3 Augment and invest in academic and research programs that meet professional, personal, scholastic and workforce needs.
- 3.4 Optimize internal and external support to promote teaching and learning activities, service, research, strategic innovation and other scholarly works.
Strategic Direction 4: Community and Economic Engagement
- 4.1 Strengthen and expand partnerships that amplify UWF’s impact and visibility in the community as an educational, cultural and economic center.
- 4.2 Enhance the region’s education, economy, culture, health and well‐being through endeavors beyond campus borders.
- 4.3 Inspire partnerships that develop a pathway to employment for UWF students and graduates and imbue the community with value for UWF as a good neighbor.
Strategic Direction 5: Infrastructure
- 5.1 Promote UWF’s properties as desirable destinations for educational, cultural, professional and personal activities.
- 5.2 Invest in and steward UWF’s natural, technical, intellectual and physical infrastructure.