We are always interested in new members of almost any experience
level. Any student who has the desire or interest to build websites
(or even just to learn) is invited to contact us at email@example.com, or stop by the office which is upstairs
in the Commons behind the fireplace (yes, the big brick wall). If you are
unable to come in person, check out our membership application.
**NOTE** We will not build websites for class assignments!
But we will help You learn how.
If you are interested in, or talented in the creation of graphics
or other such website components, but have no particular interest in learning
HTML, we would still like to hear from you!
- Joining Web Spinners requires simply that one be able to assist in, or
be willing to learn to build websites.
- Basic knowledge of HTML is desired, but not required, as we are willing
to help new members learn Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and other HTML tools
- Note, however, that we are Not 'experts' and cannot simply cram this
knowledge into your head . . . you will need to do a fair amount of
- We are a generally relaxed and 'laid back' organization -- being a member
will not create the illusion of a full time job.
- You don't have to worry that two days after you join we're going to start
beating you with HTML books and expect you to create a website in your sleep
by the weekend.
- Members are assigned, and expected to complete, one or two websites per
semester. We generally work on a website in groups of two or three, but
depending on circumstances are not 'strict' in this.
- We do, however, expect members to maintain contact with their organization(s)
(and us) and to act in an otherwise 'professional' manner.
- In the 'real world' skill in web development pays $15 - $30 (or more)
an hour -- this can be an invaluable learning experience!
- Volunteer hours are applied to your transcript through CLOVE
- Members gain 'real-world' experience in designing and developing websites
- Members have access to, and training in Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks
- Members build a portfolio of Websites to show potential employers
- Members have use of the Web Spinners office, computers, and software.
- Good karma!
Designed by Marc Stone
Copyright © 1997 - 2007 Web Spinners, University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL 32514