How to Apply for Online RN-BSN
Application information for the Online RN-BSN degree
Separate School of Nursing admission is required for the RN to BSN student. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the RN to BSN program track.
Preferred admission is given to students who have completed all other requirements for the University Baccalaureate degree prior to enrolling in the nursing upper division coursework.
- Admission to the University of West Florida.
- Completion of an Associate of Science degree in Nursing, or graduate of a diploma nursing program.
- Documentation of current unencumbered United States Registered Nursing licensure, in all states where student will be residing during matriculation.
- Immunization documentation must be submitted through Med+Proctor.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 in all college credit course work.
- Minimum grade of "C" in all 8 Florida Common Course Prerequisites applicable to the BSN degree program.
- Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree or completion of UWF General Education and Florida Common Core requirements, including Gordon Rule. Please see the catalog for detailed information. May be "in progress", but must be completed prior to students final semester.
- Satisfactory completion of the foreign language requirement. May be "in progress", but completed prior to students final semester.
For assistance e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 833-464-2256
The RN to BSN program cannot accommodate students outside the US at this time.
State Waiver students may only register on the first day of class.
- University admission (all transcripts received, evaluated, and recorded by University Office of Admissions)
- Immunization documentation must be submitted through Med+Proctor
- If you are accepted for the term you've requested and then decline to begin, you will need to contact the Admissions Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Be aware that financial aid may not be available in the summer (May and June). If you are dependent on financial aid it is recommended you determine your financial aid status prior to applying for the summer terms.
Upon receipt of program admission notification you are required to;
- Accept the offer of admission within 2 weeks by uploading and emailing all required documents (signed letter of acceptance, handbook signature page, copy of RN license as indicated in your letter of acceptance.
- Register for coursework
- Activate Argonet accounts and UWF email account
- Order books for courses (do not wait until the first day of class) Go to the UWF Bookstore for current listing of course text books
- Prepare to enter course on the first available day by accessing UWF Online Campus Information
- Students will be required to complete a Level 1 background check by the end of their first semester.