Pre-Licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program
Program Application and Information
Supplemental Application and Requirements
Applications for the FAll 2019 cycle is January 7, 2019 - March 8, 2019.
UWF School of Nursing will allow students that are in the process of completing their final nursing pre-requisites, the opportunity to apply while still in process of completing the necessary classes. If the student is accepted into the Nursing program, it will be a conditional letter of acceptance given and will depend upon the successful completion of the nursing pre-requisite courses.
You must apply to be admitted to UWF through the Office of Undergraduate Admission prior to applying to the Dr. D.W. McMillan BSN Nursing program.
You must submit your documents using NursingCAS. Login and create your account then search for the University of West Florida. Please be sure to complete all the requirements as indicated. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Note: You are required to submit official transcripts to NursingCAS. Please allow two weeks for transcripts to be processed and verifed by NursingCAS. Applicants that are not verified by NursingCAS will be considered incomplete and not be reviewed.
- The application will open January 7, 2019.
- Core Performance Functions (PDF) Required with the supplemental application.
- Hepatitis B Form 2016 (PDF) Required with the supplemental application.
A blood test (titer) is required to ensure the applicant has enough antibodies. If the applicant is non-reactive they must start the series before applying.
Applicants must continue the immunization series and titer. The completed immunization series and titer is required if admitted into the program.
- ATI Testing Information (sixth edition) - Required with the supplemental application. If taken at another location, you must contact ATI Testing to have your official scores sent to UWF, there is a fee. If you test at the UWF testing center your scores are automatically sent to the UWF nursing program. We DO NOT accept TEAS Version V - Allied Health.
- Pre-Licensure Sample Volunteer Letter (PDF) this is not required. If you choose to complete a minimum of 60 hours as a volunteer or work in the healthcare setting in the past year, the letter(s) stating the documenting the hours are included with your supplemental application packet. All hours must be completed by the application deadline.
Items 1-4 are to be submitted as one complete supplemental application packet online using NursingCAS. If you are also including the volunteer/work hours in healthcare, they are added to the supplemental application packet. You submit all items together at the same time.
Transfer students, you must include in your supplemental packet official transcripts for all colleges attended since graduation from high school through Fall 2016. These required transcripts are separate from those you have submitted to the UWF Office of Admissions. These transcripts will be retained with your supplemental application in the Nursing Department.
ATI TEAS 2019 Admission
Great news! We now have a Pensacola ATI TEAS testing location right here at the UWF testing center! Follow the link below to access information on how to register for the ATI TEAS in Pensacola.
If registering for The TEAS exam can be taken up to 3 times between the dates as listed in the applications and timelines. Do not wait until late to take this exam for the first time. Testing seats fill early.
Register for the TEAS Test at UWF, registration instructions for scheduling the TEAS Exam at UWF. This link is to the UWF Testing Centers home web page, look in the right column under Quick Links for the ATI TEAS Exam Instructions & Registration
For applicants wanting to test outside Pensacola: Remember, you must request your score to be sent to UWF through ATI Testing. We will only accept official scores sent from ATI Testing.
Need help studying for the TEAS test? ATI Testing Solutions (PDF).