M.A. in Psychology: Counseling Concentration
We are looking for people with heart and a desire to apply psychological science in service of individuals, families, groups, and communities. Are you in?
If you are interested in a career as a licensed mental health counselor, our program can help you achieve your career goals. The counseling program at UWF:
Awards you with a degree in psychology that meets all of the educational requirements for licensure as a mental health counselor in Florida (along with many other states) and prepares you for professional practice.
- Is accredited by the Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC).
- Offers you intensive, direct, face-to-face instruction, with individualized attention to each student’s development as a professional from experienced doctoral level faculty with both clinical and research experience.
- Emphasizes the science of psychology, setting us apart from other degree programs that prepare mental health practitioners, but which do not have the same history, traditions, or emphasis on science and evidence-based practice.
- Offers you research opportunities that can increase your competitive edge for entry into doctoral level training in clinical and counseling psychology.
- Represents a great value compared to other programs given our cost of attendance and the cost of living in Pensacola, FL.
Prospective students can learn more about us here:
- Admission Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Our Accreditation
- Clinical Preparation: Practicum and Internship
- Research Preparation: Research Opportunities
- Resources for Current Students