Congratulations to those recently selected by UWF to attend the Fall 2020 Dr. D. W. McMillan BSN Nursing Program, and best wishes in the Army selection process. The window to submit packages for reserved AECP seats in the program closed on May 24, 2019. The UWF AECP Selection Committee met on June 07, 2019. All applicants who submitted packages were notified on June 10, 2019. The below documents will be updated upon receipt of the AY2021 Guide.
Each year, the UWF Nursing program reserves seats for applicants pursuing an AECP Commission. To apply for one of the reserved seats, you will need to assemble and submit a package as described below. Those who are selected by UWF for one of the reserved AECP seats will receive a letter of acceptance for inclusion in their package to the Army AECP Board. In addition, for your package to be considered by the UWF selection committee, you must be fully admitted to the UWF pre-licensure BSN program. Application to the pre-licensure BSN program can be done online by selecting the BSN program.
The following are required to be included in your package.
1. 2020-AECP Supplemental-BSN-Application (This application is in addition to the formal application to the University. All applicants must be formally admitted to the University of West Florida to the UWF Pre-Licensure BSN Nursing Program as a condition of package review).
3. Hepatitis B Immunization Form A blood test (titer) is required to ensure the applicant has enough antibodies. If the applicant is non-reactive they must start the series before applying. Applicants must continue the immunization series and titer. The completed immunization series and titer is required for package review. Titer results must be the laboratory printed copy.
4. Unofficial or Official transcripts – There are in addition to the official transcripts sent to admissions as part of the application to the pre-licensure BSN program. It also includes a copy of the TEAS final and area scores.
5. TEAS Registration Form-Completing at UWF / TEAS Testing - Other Locations / UWF TEAS Testing Price List If taken at another location, you must contact ATI Testing to have your official scores sent to UWF, there is a fee. If you test at the UWF testing center your scores are automatically sent to the UWF nursing program. We DO NOT accept TEAS Version V - Allied Health. If registering for The TEAS exam can be taken up to 3 times between the dates as listed in the applications and timelines. Do not wait until late to take this exam for the first time. Testing seats fill early.
6. Optional: Letter(s) documenting volunteer/work experience (minimum 60 hours) in a healthcare setting within the 12 months prior to the supplemental application deadline, on company letterhead, dated and signed by company official (Please note that unlike volunteer work letters, Letters of Recommendation are not requested)
Army Form 2125 The University will sign and include page 2 of the Army form 2125 to selected applicants
All students entering the upper division BSN program must:
Complete 62 credit hours prior to the start of the nursing program. Applicants have until the end of the Spring semester 2020 to complete all final requirements. For courses taken at another institution in Spring 2020, those transcripts must be on file with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by May 22, 2020.
Completion of two years High School foreign language or two semesters of the same language at the college level prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program.
A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration for acceptance into the upper division nursing program.
Completion of all statewide common course prerequisite courses with grade of "C" or better by May 22, 2020 for admission to upper division nursing program for Fall 2020.
- BSC 1085/L Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 sh)
- BSC 1086/L Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 sh)
- DEP 2004 Human Development Across the Life Span (3 sh)
- HSC 2577 Principles of Nutrition (3 sh)
- MCB 1000/L Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab (4 sh)
- STA 2023 Elements of Statistics (3 sh)
- Choose One: CHMxxxx, BCHxxxx, PCBxxxx, PHYxxxx, or BSCxxxx (3 sh)
- Choose One: PSYxxxx, SOPxxxx, or SYGxxxx (3 sh)
Upper division nursing core courses, Students must earn a grade of "C" or better to progress:
Mail or deliver packages to:
University of West Florida
MVRC, BLDG. 38 Attn: David Hirras
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL 32514
DO NOT Fax or email the applications.
Note: Unofficial Evaluations fail to meet the academic rigor applied during the admissions process, and will not be done. Your career is far too important risk upon the uncertainty of an opinion As part of the Admissions process, the Admission Advisors will construct a degree audit that will serve as your official roadmap to inform you of what the degree requires, what you have satisfied, and what requirements are unmet. Application to the Pre-Licensure program should be done as early as necessary to allow for receipt of official transcripts that drive the development of the degree audit. Per Army requirements, applications with conditional letters containing greater than 12 semester hours will not be accepted. Per UWF requirements, all requirements must be met prior to the end of the Spring 2020 semester.
*The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing at UWF is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.