After some searching, the following Officers' duties and responsibilities
have been adapted by the University of West Florida Chapter of Phi Eta Sigma.
- Final authority over all projects, unless previous agreements
give authority to someone else
- Act in Phi Eta Sigma's best interests if there is no time for a
meeting of officers before the decision has to be made. However,
upon deciding must inform the advisor and current officers in a
- Prepare a tentative chapter budget for the current year, so that
the treasurer can keep track of what money is left in the bank.
- Final decision authority on all times, dates, and places of
- Vice President
- Final authority concerning public relations
- Take over duties of the president as needed or required
- Plan events for presidential consideration
- Provide the President with any and all requested information
concerning current projects of Phi Eta Sigma (if the president
has not been previously informed)
- Type and handle all aspects of communications to members who
are not currently officers
- Handle some of the day-to-day responsibilities for public
- Refer public relations concerns to the Vice President as needed.
- Take minutes for all officer and general club meetings so that they
may be presented to the membership via the web site.
- Check mailbox in the commons every week--during holidays (classes
suspended) at their convenience
- Keep a balanced chapter checkbook
- Handle the monetary aspects of all projects
- Inform all officers of funds status at all executive meetings
or, in the event that funds are dangerously low, via e-mail.
- Keep the chapter scrapbook
- Take minutes when the Secretary is away.
- Technical Advisor
- Answer chapter e-mail
- Update membership listing on Nautical
- Update the web site at http://uwf.edu/phietasigma/
- Chapter Senior Advisor
- Participate in the annual induction ceremony
- Participate in Officers' meetings
- Provide advice and relate past experience