Transient Student Information

The Transient Student process is designed for degree-seeking students who are actively enrolled at a Florida Public University or State/Community College. The Transient Student Application is available online through FloridaShines.  For step-by-step instructions on the UWF Transient Student Application process, please see the UWF Student Tutorial for Transient Student Application Process.

  • UWF students should consult with their advisors prior to enrolling in any courses at other institutions to ensure transferability of course. UWF students wishing to earn credit at a Florida private institution or an institution outside the State of Florida, to transfer back to a UWF degree program, MUST obtain prior departmental approval for specific courses from the department, school, or college advising office. Credit earned without prior departmental approval may not be accepted.
  • Transient students may also be required to submit additional information such as, but not limited to, an Admissions application or transcripts prior to registration to the outside institution. Students should contact the institution at which you intend to enroll in courses for institutional policies regarding transient students.
  • UWF students enrolling in courses at another institution through a consortium agreement should contact the UWF Office of Financial Aid for additional information.
  • Non-UWF Students from other institutions enrolling in courses at UWF will be classified as non-degree seeking and are subject to the policies and procedures for non-degree seeking students as stated in the Academic Catalog

For additional questions about applying as a transient student, please contact the Office of the Registrar at or 850.474-2249


Fill out my online form.