Online Student Orientation
Please visit Online Student Orientation so that you have all the information you need as an online-only student.
All freshman students must attend Orientation.
- Non-Traditional Freshmen Students - If you are an incoming freshmen student who is over the age of 21, married, active military, or a veteran and prefer not to attend a traditional two-day orientation session, please contact our office at (850) 473-7229 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative orientation accommodations
- Freshmen Transfer students - are students who have completed 29 or less college credit hours after graduating from high school
Options: Summer & Fall 2017 Transfer Online Orientation
- The online orientation session provides you with an opportunity to learn about UWF from the convenience of your home. Contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment to discuss registration and course selection options
- When registering for orientation, simply select the online option. Cost: $30
- To register for orientation, go to your MyUWF, search and click "Orientation Registration for Undergraduate Students", select your entry semester (e.g., Fall 2017) and complete your registration
- Freshmen and Transfer students are eligible to register for orientation. Students must reserve their spot by "Confirming" their offer of admission before they are able to access the orientation registration form
- Non-Degree-Seeking Students are not eligible to attend orientation
The University of West Florida Graduate School’s orientation for new graduate students takes place at the start of each semester. The orientation will provide you with an overview of University services and extracurricular opportunities and an understanding of what to expect academically and financially as a new UWF graduate student.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to hear from current graduate students, the Graduate Student Association, other campus organizations, as well as receive information about your nautilus card and how to purchase textbooks and parking permits.
The platform allows you to attend the orientation 100% online, at your own convenience.
Orientation Log-In Guide
MyUWF Activation Instructions: Students will use their MyUWF account to log-in to the online orientation platform.
- If you haven't already done so, please activate your MyUWF account and obtain your username and password:
- Go to the MyUWF log-in web page at https://my.uwf.edu/
- Click on the app titled "Activate Your Account-New to UWF"
MyUWF Log-In Instruction
- Once you have successfully logged-in to MyUWF, find the search bar at the top of the screen. Type "Graduate Student Orientation" into the search bar and click the search button.
- Click on the app titled "Graduate Student Orientation."
Orientation System Preferences
The virtual orientation experience is a combination of audio, video, photographs, computer graphics, and text. To help create a faster, richer experience, please check the system requirements below to see if your device is compatible:
- It is recommended that you use a laptop or desktop computer with a Windows or MacIntosh OS X v10.5 operating system. The platform does not support tablets or mobile devices.
- To use the system effectively, please download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Please make sure that your computer's speakers or headphones are turned on and working properly, as the majority of the orientation content is video based.
- You will need to download and install an appropriate browser: Windows: Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox | Internet Explorer/ Macintosh: Google Chrome | Safari | Mozilla Firefox.