The University of West Florida (UWF) Immunization Policy, in compliance with Florida Statute (1006.69) and Florida Board of Governors Regulations (6.001 & 6.007), requires the completed UWF MANDATORY IMMUNIZATION HEALTH HISTORY (MIHH) Form to be submitted to UWF Student Health Services as a prerequisite to matriculation or course registration.
Students are requested to SUBMIT THE COMPLETED MIHH FORM AT LEAST THREE (3) WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE REGISTRATION. Failure to submit immunization records in a timely manner will result in a HOLD being placed on your student account and you will not be able to register for classes until the HOLD is cleared.
HOWEVER, STUDENTS ENROLLED IN ONLY ONLINE COURSES who will not be physically present in any UWF classroom or on any UWF campus may utilize the Online Only Student Waiver Exception when completing the MIHH Form. Should Online Only students later seek to register for a face-to-face course, they must comply with all requirements as described on the UWF Immunization Policy page. See Immunization Exceptions and Waivers for other exceptions to immunization requirements.
You must have an established MyUWF Account to complete the MIHH Form. To activate your MyUWF account:
- Go to the MyUWF Login page
- Select the "Activate your account - New to UWF" app at the top of the page under Home Items
To Access the MIHH Form:
- Go to the Online Mandatory Immunization Health History Form page. Additional instructions for completing the form are located here
- Scroll down the page and select the Blue Button link labeled "MIHH Form for students 18 or older."
- Log-In with your MyUWF username and password
- Select the "Complete This Form" link
To Complete the MIHH Form:
- If initial pre-filled information [Name, DOB, WFID] is incorrect, contact Admissions at (850) 474-2230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Treatment Consent: You will be asked to provide consent for medical treatment. Select "I Accept" from the dropdown box
- Required Immunizations [Pop-up response]:
- Select MMR Exception from first dropdown box - Select Online Only Student from the Exception Criteria dropdown box—Select Decline Vaccine from final MMR dropdown box
- Select Hepatitis B Waiver from first dropdown box - Select Decline Vaccine from second Hepatitis B dropdown box
- Select Meningococcal Meningitis Waiver from first dropdown box - Select Decline Vaccine from second Meningococcal Meningitis dropdown box
- Electronic signature: Read the disclosure before signing electronically. Type your name exactly as it appears and click the "Sign Electronically" button to submit your MIHH form
Note: The Online Only Student exception criterion does not require any supporting documentation and there is no documentation required for the waiver requests for Hepatitis B/Meningococcal/Meningitis.
Therefore, no further documentation is required from you. In most cases, your immunization hold(s) will be updated on the same day your immunization documentation is received.
- Please login to MyUWF and search for "Immunization Status" to check the status of your hold(s).