What is Quality Matters?
Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components. Sponsored by MarylandOnline, Inc. Quality Matters has generated widespread interest and received national recognition for its peer-based approach to quality assurance and continuous improvement in online education. Originating from a FIPSE grant, Quality Matters is now a self-supporting organization offering institutional subscriptions and a range of fee-based services including Quality Matters-managed course reviews and an array of trainings. UWF is now a subscribing member of Quality Matters.
QM Program Components
QM consists of three primary components:
- The QM Rubric (requires login)
- To obtain a copy of the fully-annotated version of the rubric, contact Cindy Mersereau (firstname.lastname@example.org, 474-3291).
- The Course Review Process (requires login)
- QM Professional Development Opportunities for faculty
- If you are interested in registering for a QM workshop, contact Cindy Mersereau; funding may be available to cover the cost of registration.
Be sure to check out ATC's new Using the MyQM Course Review System initiative! This incentive program compensates faculty for time, effort and commitment to designing and teaching quality online or blended courses.