Undergraduate Admission Application
Once you have reviewed UWF's fully online undergraduate degree programs and decided on the degree or certificate program you would like to pursue, or you just want to take some online courses, please complete the Steps below.
Step 1: Create an account in the UWF Splash Portal
Step 2: For Undergraduate degree-seeking students, please submit all supporting admissions documentation by the Deadline dates below:
- June 30th – Admission to program for fall semester
- November 1st –Admission to program for spring semester
- April 1st –Admission to program for summer semester
Attention Non Degree Seeking Students: Complete the non-degree application if you wish to take just a few online courses at UWF, plan to pursue a Certificate Program, or not currently interested in seeking a degree (The $30 processing fee is not required).
Note: When you submit your non-degree application, you will receive an email within 24 hours with confirmation information containing your UWF ID, a confirmation number, and an application semester identifying your submission. Please print the confirmation email and keep it for your records.
- Non-degree candidates are not required to submit any transcripts for admission purposes. Although, academic departments may need a student's unofficial transcript to show that a course pre-requisite has been satisfied
- Non-Degree Students who become degree seeking may petition UWF to have 15 credit hours apply towards fulfillment of undergraduate degree requirements
If pursuing a Certificate Program:
- When Course Registration has been completed for the First Course(s) in a certificate program, students should fill out a form and submit this form to their respective Academic Advisor for processing. This form should be submitted by the last day of drop/add in the first semester you register
- When Course Registration has been completed for the Last Course(s) in a certificate program, students should fill out a form and submit this form to their respective Academic Advisor for processing. This form should be submitted by the last day of drop/add in the semester in which you plan to complete all requirements for the certificate
- Academic Advisors will sign all forms and forward to the Registrar's Office who will send students their Certificate
Important Notes for non-degree students:
- To transfer academic credit from UWF to another Florida university or college, contact your academic advisor and go to the Transient Student Information page for more information
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid benefits.
- Current and continuing degree seeking students have course registration priority.
- Non-degree student registration opens after the open registration period has ended for degree seeking students.
Step 3: Application Processing Fee for degree-seeking students
- If you do not submit your application processing fee online at the point you submit your application, please send your payment to:
The University of West Florida
11000 University Pkwy., Bldg 20E
Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
- A nonrefundable $30 processing fee payable to the University of West Florida should be submitted prior to the application deadline date for the semester for which admission is requested
- It is the policy of the University not to defer or waive the application processing fee
- The application processing fee must be in U.S. currency, drawn on a U.S. bank
- There is an option to pay via MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit card when the web application is submitted
Step 4: Submit Official Transcripts
- Official college transcripts should be mailed to the following address:
The University of West Florida
11000 University Pkwy., Bldg 18
Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
- Applicants must submit one official transcript from each college and university attended to UWF Undergraduate Admissions Office
- Transcripts are considered official when they are sent from a college or university directly to UWF Admissions Office and bear an official seal and signature
- Transcripts bearing the statement "Issued to Student," faxed transcripts, or transcripts submitted by the applicants are not considered official
- Original documents or signed, officially certified photocopies of original documents may be submitted by the student only when institutions outside the U.S. will not send academic records to other institutions. The verifying signature preferably should be that of an officer of the institution attended. All academic records that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations
The UWF Admissions Office is unable to accept electronic, secure transcripts directly from other institutions unless it is a Florida institution that uses the FASTER transcript system. When requesting transcripts from your current or previous institution, please be sure to specify that you need a hard-copy transcript sent to UWF
Step 5: Activate MyUWF
- After your application has been processed, you will receive a letter from the university containing your UWF ID. At that time, you can activate your account
- Applicants have access to a limited set of apps in MyUWF. If you become a UWF student, you will be eligible for an upgrade to an ArgoNet account with full student privileges
- MyUWF will serve as your Internet access to online information throughout your educational career at UWF. Everything you need can be accessed through MyUWF. If you don't see the option you are looking for do a simple "search". If you need help logging in please call Information Technology Services (ITS) at (850) 474-2075
- Access is limited to personal student records. If you've used MyUWF in the past, your previous account should still be active. Former students who have not used MyUWF can activate their account at any time
- After two semesters of non-enrollment, student ArgoNet accounts are downgraded to limited access MyUWF accounts
Step 6: Send Your Test Scores
All Transfer students transferring with less than 60 credit hours are required to submit college entrance exam results (ACT plus writing and/or SAT scores) to complete their application. Students need to contact ACT.org (ACT) and/or Collegeboard.com (SAT) directly and request all score results to be sent to UWF. University of West Florida's School Codes ACT: 0771 and/or SAT: 5833.
Step 7: Complete Residency for Tuition Purposes Application
Complete all sections of the appropriate undergraduate residency application form and be sure to provide evidence of residential status for your residency classification.
Step 8: Complete Immunization Requirements
Please visit the Online Campus Immunization Requirements page and follow the instructions there.
Step 9: Submit Financial Responsibility Statement
All students will have a Financial Responsibility Hold for each semester. You will receive an "Agree to Pay" message via MyMessages in MyUWF. To remove the Financial Responsibility Hold:
- Go to MyMessages in MyUWF and read the "Agree to Pay" message
- Check the Confirm Acknowledgement box and click "I Agree". Once submitted this will remove the Hold
Step 10: Check Your Application Status
Step 11: Once admitted to your online program you are ready to contact the appropriate academic department for program advising
- First Year Advising Center or (850) 474-3170
- Academic Engagement Division or (850) 474-3177
- College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities or (850) 474-3340
- College of Business or (850) 474-3352
- College of Education & Professional Studies or (850) 474-2769
- Usha Kundu, MD College of Health or (850) 474-2563
- College of Science & Engineering or (850) 474-2688
Step 12: Department Academic Advisors
- Career and Technical Education, B.S. - Jeremy Hatcher at email@example.com or (850) 474-2925
- Engineering Technology, B.S. – Information Engineering Technology - Dr. Nancy Hastings at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 474-3013
- Exceptional Student Education, B.A. - Teacher Education Student Services at email@example.com or (850) 857-6306
- Health Sciences, B.S. - Fiona Mowbray at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (850) 857-6034
- Information Technology, Interdisciplinary, B.S. – Network Systems Operations – Dr. Nancy Hastings at email@example.com or (850) 474-3013
- Maritime Studies, B.A. – Dr. John Bratten at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 474-2706
- Nursing: RN-BSN – Call: 877.588.2502