Non-Degree Students Admission Application
Students who are not currently seeking a Degree at UWF, Undergraduate or Graduate, but wish to take classes for Professional Development or perhaps pursue a Certificate Program should complete a Non-Degree Student application.
There is no fee for the Non-Degree Seeking application. And, Non-degree candidates are not required to submit any transcripts for admission purposes. Although, many academic departments may need and request a student's unofficial transcript to show that a course pre-requisite has been satisfied.
If you are interested in registering for courses as a Non-Degree Student please note:
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid benefits
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive Out-of-State Tuition Fee unless they are registered in an approved Certificate Program and have submitted the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Form at the time of course registration
- Declaration of Certificate Form: When Certificate Program course(s) registration has been completed for the first course(s), students should fill out a and submit this form to their respective Academic Advisor for processing. This form should be submitted by the last day of drop/add in the first semester you register, i.e., for spring semester 2017, the last day of drop/add is January 13th.
- When course registration has been completed for the last course(s) in a certificate program, students should fill out a and submit this form to their respective Academic Advisor for processing. This form should be submitted by the last day of drop/add in the semester in which you plan to complete all requirements for the certificate.
- Current and continuing degree seeking students have course registration priority
- Non-degree student registration opens after the open registration period has ended for degree seeking students. To determine academic registration periods please see Academic Calendar 2016-2017
- Undergraduate Non-degree students (if moving to degree seeking status at UWF) are only able to transfer a maximum of 15 credits that were earned at UWF when classified as an undergraduate Non-degree student
- Graduate Non-degree students (if moving to degree seeking status at UWF) are only able to transfer a maximum of 12 credits that were earned at UWF when classified as a graduate Non-degree student
- Students must submit a through the Office of the Registrar prior to submitting a Petition for inclusion in a degree program completed as non degree student
Apply for Admission as a Non-Degree Student
When you submit your application, you will receive an email within 24 hours with confirmation information containing your UWF ID, a confirmation number, and an application semester identifying your submission. Please print the confirmation email and keep it for your records.
How to Get Started
- Immunization Requirements: Please visit the Online Immunization Requirements page and follow the instructions there.
- MyUWF Account: Activate your MyUWF account.
MyUWF will serve as your Internet access to online information throughout your educational career at UWF. Everything you need can be accessed through MyUWF. If you don't see the option you are looking for do a simple "search". If you need help logging in please call ITS at (850) 474-2075