Graduate Admission Application
Once you have reviewed the fully online graduate degree programs and decided on the degree or certificate program you would like to pursue, or you just want to take some online courses, please complete the Steps below.
Step 1: Complete the appropriate online application form by the deadlines below:
- Domestic Graduate Degree Seeking Application
- International Graduate Degree Seeking Application
- Graduate Non-Degree Seeking Application
- Graduate Readmission Application
Graduate students who last attended their graduate programs over five years ago must reapply to their program by submitting a graduate degree-seeking application.
Note: When you submit your application, you will receive an email within 24 hours with confirmation information containing your UWF ID, a confirmation number, and an application semester identifying your submission. Please print the confirmation email and keep it for your records.
Step 2: Deadline Dates
The University final deadlines for applications and supporting documents for graduate applicants are:
- June 1st – admission to program for fall semester
- October 1st – admission to program for spring semester
- March 1st – admission to program for summer semester
Because some departments have earlier deadlines, applicants should contact the Graduate Program Director and review the graduate program admission requirements for departmental deadlines. It is in an applicant's best interest to apply early. Files completed after the published deadlines may not be processed in time for the student to be considered for enrollment in the desired semester.
Attention Non-Degree Seeking Students: Complete the Non-Degree Application if any of the following apply:
- You are applying for an online Certificate Program and are not a currently an active student pursuing am academic degree program
- The formal application due date (above) has passed and you would still like to begin courses while your formal application is being processed
- You want to complete a few online courses at UWF
Note: Non-degree seeking applicants do not need to pay the $30 application processing fee, nor do they need to submit official college transcripts (except under special circumstances) or departmental admission requirements
If pursuing a Certificate Program:
- When Course Registration has been completed for the First Course(s) in a certificate program, students should fill out a form and submit this form to their respective Academic Advisor for processing. This form should be submitted by the last day of drop/add in the first semester you register
- When Course Registration has been completed for the Last Course(s) in a certificate program, students should fill out a form and submit this form to their respective Academic Advisor for processing. This form should be submitted by the last day of drop/add in the semester in which you plan to complete all requirements for the certificate
- Academic Advisors will sign all forms and forward to the Registrar's Office who will send students their Certificate
Important Notes for non-degree students:
- To transfer academic credit from UWF to another Florida university or college, contact your academic advisor and go to the Transient Student Information page for more information
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid benefits
- Current and continuing degree seeking students have course registration priority
- Non-degree student registration opens after the open registration period has ended for degree seeking students
Step 3: Application Processing Fee for degree-seeking students
- The application for graduate admission and a nonrefundable $30 processing fee payable to the University of West Florida should be submitted six to nine months prior to the semester for which admission is requested
- It is the policy of the University not to defer or waive the application processing fee.
- The application processing fee must be in U.S. currency, drawn on a U.S. bank.
- There is an option to pay via MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit card when the web application is submitted
- If you do not submit your application processing fee online at the point that you submit your application, please send your payment to:
The University of West Florida
11000 University Pkwy., Bldg 20E
Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
Step 4: Graduate Admission Test Scores
- Official test results from a nationally standardized graduate admission test are required for all applicants unless the department allows admission test score waivers. Admission test score waivers apply to applicants who meet the department’s waiver criteria. Review your eligibility for an admission test score waiver.
- The University of West Florida accepts the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), and the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). Applicants should contact the Graduate Program Director for which he/she applied to inquire as to which test is acceptable for that program
- It is recommended that the graduate admission test be taken no later than April for the fall semester, August for the spring semester, or January for the summer semester. The test scores are considered official only when they are sent directly to the Graduate School from the testing agency. Examinee copies are not considered official. Applicants to the Ed.D. Program should take the GRE or MAT one year prior to desired admission. The GRE, GMAT, and MAT are offered several times a year at numerous testing centers in the U.S. and abroad. Advanced registration is required. Registration forms, as well as detailed information on the availability and character of the examinations, may be obtained from the UWF Testing Center
Step 5: Official College Transcripts
- Applicants must submit one official transcript from each college and university attended to the Graduate School.
- Students who received their undergraduate degree from UWF do not need to provide UWF transcripts.
- Transcripts are considered official when they are sent from a college or university directly to the Graduate School and bear an official seal and signature.
- Transcripts bearing the statement "Issued to Student," faxed transcripts, or transcripts submitted by the applicants are not considered official.
- Original documents or signed, officially certified photocopies of original documents may be submitted by the student only when institutions outside the U.S. will not send academic records to other institutions. The verifying signature preferably should be that of an officer of the institution attended. All academic records that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations
- The UWF Graduate School is unable to accept electronic, secure transcripts directly from other institutions unless it is a Florida institution that uses the FASTER transcript system. When requesting transcripts from your current or previous institution, please be sure to specify that you need a hard-copy transcript sent to UWF
Official college transcripts should be mailed to the following address:
The University of West Florida
11000 University Pkwy., Bldg 11
Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
Step 6: Activate your MyUWF Account:
- After your application has been processed, you will receive a letter from the university containing your UWF ID. At that time, you can activate your account
- Applicants have access to a limited set of apps in MyUWF. If you become a UWF student, you will be eligible for an upgrade to an ArgoNet account with full student privileges
- MyUWF will serve as your Internet access to online information throughout your educational career at UWF. Everything you need can be accessed through MyUWF. If you don't see the option you are looking for do a simple "search". If you need help logging in please call Information Technology Services (ITS) at (850) 474-2075
- Access is limited to personal student records. If you've used MyUWF in the past, your previous account should still be active. Former students who have not used MyUWF can activate their account at any time
- After two semesters of non-enrollment, student ArgoNet accounts are downgraded to limited access MyUWF accounts
Step 7: Complete Immunization Requirements:
Please visit the Online Campus Immunization Requirements page and follow the instructions there.
Step 8: Once admitted to your online program, you are ready to contact the appropriate academic department for program advising.
Curriculum & Instruction, Ed.D.
- Curriculum Studies – Call 877.588.2502
- Instructional technology - Dr. Nancy Hastings at email@example.com or 850.474.3013
Curriculum & Instruction, Ed.S. - Call 877.588.2502
- Acquisition & Contract Management - Dr. Matt Ruckman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.2777
- Human Performance Technology - Dr. Nancy Hastings at email@example.com or 850.474.3013
- Leadership - Dr. Matt Ruckman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.2777
- Public Administration - Dr. Matt Ruckman at email@example.com or 850.474.2777
Business Administration, M.B.A. - Call: 877.588.2502
- General - Call: 877.588.2502
- Accounting - Call: 877.588.2502
- Business Analytics - The MBA Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.3124
- Entrepreneurship - Call: 877.588.2502
- Hospitality and Tourism Leadership - The MBA Program at email@example.com or 850.474.3124
- Human Resources Management - The MBA Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.3124
- Information Security Management - The MBA Program at email@example.com or 850.474.3124
- Supply Chain Logistics Management - Call: 877.588.2502
Computer Science, M.S.
- Database Systems - Dr. Sikha Bagui at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.3022
- Software Engineering - Coleen Weathers at email@example.com or 850.474.2864
- Elementary Education Comprehensive
- Middle School Education Comprehensive
- Secondary Education Comprehensive
Educational Leadership, M.Ed. - Call: 877.588.2502
- Creative Writing
Exceptional Student Education Comprehensive, M.A.
- Special and Alternative Education - Chasity Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.2870
- Applied Behavior Analysis - Michelle Nelson at email@example.com or 850.474.2704
Information Technology , M.S.
- Cybersecurity - Dr. Ezhil Kalaimannan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.7005
- Software Engineering – Dr. Sikha Bagui at email@example.com or 850.474.3022
Instructional Design and Technology, M.Ed. – Call 877-588-2502
- Instructional Design and Technology
- Technology Leadership
Nursing, M.S.N. - Call: 877.588.2502
- Leadership and Management