Faculty & Staff
As a faculty or staff member, you play a unique role in prevention and education efforts because you have an on-going relationship with students. Faculty and staff are some of our greatest allies!
For many years, UWF has been examining and responding to alcohol and sexual assault as it affects our campus. You are in a position to be of assistance in detecting changes in student behavior that can provide early warning signals of alcohol or drug problems. For more information, familiarize yourself with the information on our sexual assault page. In addition, schedule a program with Wellness Services and let us present to your class or organization! We even have a form for extra credit opportunities that you can give to your students.
- Faculty Sexual Assault Response Guide
- Sexual Violence Information
- “Don’t cancel class! Let us present!”
- Events-Extra Credit Opportunities
- Stall Street Journal
Wellness Classroom Computer Usage
If you plan to use the Wellness Classroom in building 960, room 258, for a meeting and you have materials that you would like to display on the Smartboard, please follow these guidelines:
Please DO NOT unplug or reconfigure anything on the computer in the classroom.
- Press the power button once to turn on the Smartboard. Make sure the VGA-1 input is selected. This should be displayed in the bottom right corner of the board.
- Login to your Argonet account on the classroom computer.
- Wait for the computer's desktop to display on the Smartboard. If it doesn't display after a few minutes, hold down the Windows key and press 'p' at the same time. Select Duplicate.
- From the Start Menu, select Computer. If your materials are on a USB flash drive, plug the drive directly into the Smartboard. The USB port is located at the left end of the control panel at the bottom of the board. The flash drive should show up under Computer. Double-click on the flash drive to access your materials.
- If you need to use the CD/DVD drive, or any other device on the computer, or if you need to access any software on the computer (eg., MS Powerpoint, Adobe Flash, etc.), please contact Read Bell (building 960, room 251, x3168, or firstname.lastname@example.org), IT Coordinator for the Student Wellness Center (building 960), at least 30 minutes prior to your meeting for assistance.
- After the meeting, please power off the Smartboard by pressing the power button twice.
- Please DO NOT POWER OFF THE COMPUTER. Simply log yourself out.