Creativity For A Cause
This page provides information about the Creativity For A Cause contest that will take place as part of the Take Back The Night event in April.
Thank you for your interest in Creativity For A Cause, as a part of the annual Take Back The Night (TBTN). TBTN is an international event intended to educate, protest, and bring awareness of violence. Throughout its history, TBTN has inspired both women and men to confront sexual violence. The unifying theme throughout these diverse topics is the assertion that all human beings have the right to be free from violence, the right to be heard, and the right to reclaim those rights if they are violated.
Share your thoughts and feelings on, or your direct/indirect experiences with, sexual violence through poetry, spoken word, dramatic interpretation, skit, song, monologue, dance, drawing, painting, sculpture, etc. The planning committee will review submissions. A select number of submissions will be read, performed, or showcased by the participants during the event.
Each year a survivor speaks about his/her personal experience with sexual violence. If you are interested in sharing your story, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All works submitted must be original works of the participant.
- Each participant is allowed no more than three (3) minutes for the performance of their work. If the participant does not want to appear, then a delegate or Wellness Services staff member may be chosen to showcase their work for them.
- The full names, nicknames, or other identifiers of survivors of sexual violence may not be disclosed, unless you are referring to yourself.
- All works must be submitted by March 1, 2018.
- Please record a video if you are performing and submit it to Wellness Services, Building 960, Suite 200B, or email it to email@example.com.
Follow this link to download the Creativity For A Cause flyer in PDF format.