Creativity For A Cause
Creativity For A Cause is a contest that takes place in conjunction with Take Back The Night. It is open to all UWF students.
Share your thoughts and feelings on, or your direct/indirect experiences with, sexual violence through poetry, spoken word, dramatic interpretation, skit, song, monologue, dance, drawing, sculpture, etc. A select number of submissions will be read, performed, or showcased by the participants during the event.
To be considered in the contest, you must abide by the following:
- All works submitted must be original works of the participant.
- Each participant is allowed no more than 3 minutes for the performance of their work. If the participant does not want to appear, then a delegate may be chosen to showcase their work for them.
- The full names, nicknames, or other identifiers of survivors of sexual violence may not be disclosed, unless you are referring to yourself.
- All works must be submitted by March 1, 2017.
- Written pieces (poetry, monologues, spoken word, skits, dramatic interpretations, etc.) can be submitted in Wellness Services, Building 960, Suite 200B, or can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Musical pieces (song, dance, etc.)
- Artistic pieces (paintings, drawings, sculptures, etc.) outlines/sketches or final pictures can be submitted in Wellness Services, Building 960, Suite 200B, or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide your name, phone number, and email address on your submission. Winners will be asked to perform or present their piece at the 2017 Take Back the Night event on April 6th, 2017 at 5:30 PM in the UWF Field House. Prizes will also be awarded at that time! You may submit as many entries as you like. Good luck and thank you for participating in this important event.
Follow this link to download the Creativity For A Cause flyer in PDF format.