Campus Alcohol Coalition: Current Projects
Here is a summary of the current UWF Campus Alcohol Coalition projects.
- Promotion of norms on Argo Radio and during athletic events
- Alcohol Awareness
- Collecting data from ACHA and Core Alcohol and Drug Survey biennially
- Revising/Reviewing policies
- Recommendations for campus vendors who provide alcohol
- Guide judicial alcohol sanctions
- Member training
- Brief: Campus Alcohol Management
The Division of Student Affair's Campus Alcohol Coalition launched a new SafeRide program in fall 2012 that utilizes Yellow Cab services to provide discounted transportation for UWF Students. This program, subsidized by SGA provides UWF students with:
- A safe ride to facilitate transportation services whenever public transportation in not available or feasible
- Safe transportation home for students visiting establishments or events in the Pensacola and Pensacola beach areas
- Transportation to students who experience an unsafe situation such as an unsafe date or other risky situation and are in need of safe transportation
Students can purchase cab vouchers at the Commons Service desk with cash, credit, check or Nautilus card. The voucher will hold a value of $5.00 but will be sold for $2.00. For questions or concerns contact Wellness Services at email@example.com.