Events with Alcohol Policy
Student organizations are required to comply with all applicable local and state laws and University regulations and policies pertaining to alcoholic beverages at sponsored events.
This policy applies equally to events where the Student Organization provides free alcohol, where participants provide their own alcohol (BYOB), and where a cash bar is made available.
The presence of alcohol at a student sponsored event creates a need to more closely control the event and a need for the sponsoring student organization to pay greater attention to the environment. Those who plan or choose to attend events where alcoholic beverages will be offered and consumed assume full legal responsibility and liability for the consequences of their actions. The university holds Student Organizations specifically responsible for the actions of their organization, members, and guests.
The following requirements apply to all student organization sponsored events:
- Beer and wine are the only alcoholic beverages permitted at Student Organization Sponsored Events except when the event is hosted at a properly licensed facility where beverage service is operated and controlled by the vendor.
- Self-service common source containers (e.g. kegs, punch bowls) are prohibited.
- Drinking games, drinking contests, and drinking devices (e.g. funnels, ice luge) are prohibited.
- Non-alcoholic beverages and food must be available at an equivalent cost while alcohol is available. All marketing related to the event must adhere to the UWF Alcohol Marketing Guidelines.
- Designated event manager(s) must be present and not consume alcohol throughout the duration of the event.
- Proof of age must be provided by all persons in attendance before they are served alcoholic beverages. Only a valid driver’s license, non-driver’s state ID, passport, or U.S. uniformed services ID is accepted as proof of age.