Resources for Parents and Families
FERPA - FERPA stands for "Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974" also known as "The Buckley Amendment." FERPA is the United States federal law that protects student records privacy review and disclosure rights. FERPA places certain restrictions on the kinds of information about students that can be shared without explicit permission from the student.
Academic Policy - Students ultimately are responsible for knowing and fulfilling all University, college, and major requirements for graduation. Students should use their degree audit, Catalog, and other resources for information.
Student Conduct - University students are expected to uphold appropriate standards of behavior, respect the rights and privileges of others, and conduct themselves in accordance with all federal, state and local laws, and Board of Governors and University regulations, and policies.
Recommended Readings - These readings will help you effectively communicate with your student and help you through the transition of your student going to college.
TransitionYear - A website dedicated to guiding you through the transition of your student going to college.
JED Foundation - A website designed to give you the tools you need to understand and support your student during their college experience.
The Argo Family Lunch and Learn Webinar Series is a platform for UWF parents and families to learn more about resources and services offered to UWF students. Parents and family members will have the opportunity to interact with UWF faculty and staff in a family-centered environment.
Stay tuned for Fall 2017 Webinar Schedule!
Please use google chrome to view recordings
- April 6, 2016 - Helping Your Student "ACE" Their Finals!
- Mar 9, 2016 - Thinking Ahead, Helping Students Think Ahead with Career Services
- February 24, 2016 - Most Popular Way to Get an A: Academic Success Tips Every Argo Should Know
- February 10, 2016- Protect and Serve: Perspectives from the UWF Campus Safety and Title IX Experts
- January 13, 2016- UWF Housing: Success Lives Here!
- January 27, 2016- Foolproof: Financial Aid Tips That Will Help Your UWF Student